Vayne x Lucian

Rumors spread like wildfire amongst the gossiping citizens of small suburban cities, perfect for the likes of Vayne. Entering the tavern, the room fell silent, all eyes darting to the hooded woman, her presence alone left the tavern in a state of shock and awe. All was still except for the man behind the counter, his hands skillfully wiping the glass of any water stains, his eyes glanced up momentarily, and with a firm nod, the woman walked towards him.

The clicking of her heels echoed across the tavern, and once she reached the counter, a single odd piece of silver slid across the untamed wooden surface. The man accepted without hesitation slipping the woman a rusty key. "4th door," the bartender grunted, storing the coin into his breast pocket. The Night Huntress took the keys without another word and up the stairs she went, the tavern resuming its lively chatter. It wasn't unusual for hunters to stop by taverns, Demon Hunters or not, information was vital, and rumors were always based off something, however vague it could be.

Amongst Hunters and Huntresses, Shauna Vayne was both respected and feared. Having fought alongside the Night Hunter, some called her the Silver Devil, all that remained in her wake was a single silver bolt. Being a hunter paid well, most would never dream of battling against the dark, but Vayne, unlike her peers, took the utmost pleasure in hunting those who lurked in the shadows.

Entering the dimly lit room, Vayne took a seat on the edge of the bed crossing her legs as she pulled out a bolt, sharpening its exterior. "You're early," the man in the shadows whispered.

"I'm a busy woman," she replied her voice caustic. The man chuckled dryly and tossed her a black pouch, the coins rattling against each other.

"The rest will come after the beast has been slain." Vayne gave one slow nod pocketing the money as a rolled up piece of parchment was handed to her. Exiting the tavern, the Huntress unrolled the parchment and with a frown, and closed it back up. She took out the pouch of gold and decided it wouldn't hurt to resupply.

It was dark and murky; mist lurked in every corner, eerie silhouettes flying in and out of vision range. Vayne looked up to see a completely black sky and frowned. She came to a halt, the sound of guns ringing through the midnight sky. Another one like her, no sane hunter would step foot into the Shadow Isles. She took careful steps as the ruckus got louder and louder. She heard a crackle behind her and swiftly turned to see an undead man with a whip. She quickly bolted him to a tree and stuck another bolt through his skull. A smirk played on her lips as she realized she was surrounded.

"Entertain me won't you?" The crowd of undead took out their weapons ranging from a kitchen knife to a knight's sword. These were ordinary folks, unfortunate to fall into the grasps of darkness, unable to claw their way out as the shadows consumed them. The undead men obliged charging the Huntress of their own free will. Counting at least a dozen, she readied her crossbow, a bolt striking the nearest undead, a faint green wisp leaving his body. In unison, the men charged at her, but Vayne was agile, blending with the shadows as she repositioned impaling his skull to the bark beside her. She tripped the next undead, ramming her crossbow into his fragile structure. Another one down. With a single bolt, she pierced two undead, the wisps leaving peacefully. She disappeared in the shadows remerging with a storm of bolts, each one striking a separate undead, and heading into melee combat, the Huntress opted to use her bolt as a dagger instead of reloading finishing off the remaining undead.

She heaved a small sigh retrieving her bolts, a sliver of movement catching her eyes, and without remorse, her heel came down on the partially fractured skull, crushing it entirely. She continued on her way keeping her distance as the growing presence of darkness loomed upon her, a light tingle danced on the tip of her fingers, and whatever lied ahead, would be worth her while. However, her plans changed as she emerged from the tree lines, another fellow hunter already on the beast's trail. Lucian. The Huntress shook her head watching the hunter get thrown around like a ragged doll. She had met the man before, an unfortunate encounter that left a sizable hole in her shoulder, like her he was not one to be messed with.