Graves x Ahri

Being a wanted man was hard work, traveling down the beaten path was often not an option, not when bounty hunters, mercenaries, and guards roamed the land. With his rugged good looks, Graves could only assume everyone had a face to go with the name. The jungle was undoubtedly his least favorite path to take, it was crowded and narrow, plus he always felt like something was trying to crawl inside his shirt, it was not a pleasant feeling. His hand slapped against the back of his neck, squashing the mosquito responsible for his discomfort. Once again, he hated the jungle.

Scratching the back of his neck with a thoughtful hum, the outlaw returned to holding his shotgun aloft, ready to fire at any given opportunity. It had been oddly quiet for some time, and considering the ecosystem, Graves was not eager to meet whatever had driven the animals away. Unfortunately, he spotted a trail of blood, and with little hesitation, followed suit, making sure to reload his shotgun.

The outlaw cringed as a twig snapped under the pressure of his weight, he was getting too old to sneak around. He cursed himself as a figure in the distance rose, her tails swishing back and forth. Graves had played around with enough cats to know the young woman was not happy. However, she was covered in both dirt and blood, her eyes turned from a gentle yellow to a hostile crimson pink, and the outlaw took a step back. It took him a moment to notice the bloody body at her feet, but on the bright side, she wasn't bad looking.

Her glare was fierce, and with every step she took, blood dripped down her long and sharp nails, and in one sudden movement, she lunged towards the hunter, swiping her arm. Graves rolled to the side using the tree as a shield, and he was thankful he did as he watched damp bark fly from the impact. It was evident she was exhausted, her attack seemed too desperate for the outlaw's liking, but a desperate animal was also a dangerous one. Her claws seemed stuck in the tree, and he took that moment to position himself.

When the nine-tailed fox finally retrieved her claws from the trunk, she turned around and was met with the hilt of the hunter's shotgun, stumbling on the floor as she held her bleeding nose. She was quick on her feet, and the hunter threw down a smoke bomb clouding the area around them, a desperate animal, though, was prone to make even the most basic of mistakes. Ahri was plunged in silence; she couldn't hear the man's heartbeat, much less his breathing, and that unnerved her.

Her senses were lacking, and when she thought she saw a faint movement within the smoke, Ahri didn't hesitate to swipe her claws, but all she was met with was smoke. Out of the blue, the hilt of the hunter's shotgun connected with her head, and the fox was knocked unconscious. Graves gave a loud huff waiting for the smoke to clear. He wasn't a stranger to killing, but he bore no ill will towards her, and the poor girl was a mess.

He managed to tie her to a nearby tree and bound her wrists together. He didn't want any surprises, especially as the sun was already beginning to set. It didn't take the fox long to come to, and when she did, her cries of anger were enough for the hunter to drop his cigar and glance over. He smiled, and that smug look on his face only served to enrage the fox as she seethed through bared teeth. Her squirming was noted, but Graves was confident the fox wouldn't be able to loosen the ropes. He had learned a lot during his criminal years, and tying a knot correctly was not a mistake the outlaw was willing to fuck up. It had almost cost him his life the first time he half-assed tying someone up, the scar on his chest was proof enough.

When he came closer, however, Ahri managed to headbutt him, and the outlaw stumbled back, rubbing his forehead, but did not take the gesture to heart. "You hungry?" he asked, taking a cigar from his pocket and lighting it. With those words, the fox stopped struggling and stared at him with curiosity. Ahri didn't have much leeway, her hands were bound, and the ropes were tight, her nails unable to cut through the material. With a huff, she nodded, narrowing her eyes in a hateful glare watching as the man rummaged through his bag.