Ahri x Thresh

Ahri could not recall how she ended up in the Shadow Isles. She had heard tales of this bleak and corrupted land; they were stories you told your children to make them behave. But witnessing the isle for herself brought an impending feeling of dread recalling the endless tales about this cursed land. None of them good. All Ahri could remember was waking up in this cold and dark place. Not only was she unfamiliar with the area, but her tails were dirty from her endless journey through the thick fog.

With every step she took, her feet sunk into the moist ground, she had traversed through swamps, but the feeling was unnatural. And with every step, she feared the earth would swallow her whole. However, only one thought plagued her mind: she shouldn't be here. How she got here was also a mystery. Staying rooted in place was not an option, and the thick black fog looming overhead seemed a permanent feature to the isles.

While Ahri was gifted with a superior sense of smell and hearing, her senses were dulled, everything had the same sour smell, and the echoing cries of souls stuck beneath the soil drowned her sensitive ears. It's as if time were standing still.

All the Nine-tailed fox could do was wander the isle in search of a way home. In doing so, the slightest of noise met her ears, and she stood on guard. Soon, Ahri found herself surrounded by a band of skeletons, and she was quick to act crushing one of their skulls against the rotten bark of a tree. They had no soul, and the Nine-tailed fox was disappointed. They felt like puppets, devoid of any free will, and even the trees felt lifeless despite their odd black leaves.

Worst of all, though, she was beginning to grow hungry, and the only life form she had encountered in this wretched land were skeletal bodies with no soul. Her pupils turned a dangerous crimson color and shredded the skeletal horde before her. They were all worthless, and she'd rather put them all to rest to ease her discomfort in such a foreign land. Walking skeletons were not natural.

She was swift, and her blows decisive, and before she knew it, she had taken a feral pose, down on all four, as the skeletons seemed endless. She was unamused by the current predicament she found herself entangled in, which seemed the best solution to tunnel her wrath. Before long, the ground lay littered with scraps of bones and weary limbs that were doomed to roam the isle for an eternity. "Well, that wasn't much of a fight," Ahri sighed, meticulously digging up the dirt underneath her nails.

Her ears twitched, and she turned to the darkness looming behind the trees. A faint creaking noise made its way towards her, and Ahri was thrilled to have yet another punching bag presenting itself before her. She was no coward, but when she was met with a ghastly figure that in no way shape or form resembled a human, dread returned to greet her. Green flames enveloped his figure, and Ahri could only pray he was just another lifeless skeleton. However, Ahri's gaze lingered on the chains wrapped around his arms, soul-filled lantern in one hand, and a bloody hook in the other.

He was no skeleton, that was for sure. Perhaps she could try to reason with the being, but any attempt at communication was cut short as the ghostly figure hauled his hook towards her, the chains rattling against each other. Despite heavy-looking material, it moved fast, and she barely evaded as the sharp edge cut into her upper abdomen. It wasn't deep, but the hostile gesture confirmed her suspicions, whoever that man was, he was no ordinary enemy.

Feeling outmatched in a territory she was unfamiliar with, Ahri fled into the darkness and took to the high ground, using the trees as cover. "Come out and play," the warden drawled, and his voice was unlike anything she had ever heard before. It echoed amongst the trees, resonating loud and clear as if he were speaking inside her head, and the thought chilled Ahri to the bone. His voice whispered promises of certain death, and Ahri was left to wonder how she would get out of this, preferably with her soul intact.