Pantheon x Leona

It was during the early hours of morning, the sun still barely peeking from over the horizon, the pale moon beating down on the Solaris household. Its large exterior gleaming with dark golden bronze, and it was a majestic sight, one which caused Leona's heart to grow weary. She wanted more to life, and she wanted to be free, her place was not here at home. She wanted away from the serene beauty that was her home, spending her days drinking tea isolated within the mansion's walls, she knew how to fight, how to protect herself and others, she was meant for so much more, but none saw that, and instead she was trapped, treated like a porcelain doll.

Which is why today she was running away, she had tried to talk her way out, but the world was conspiring against her, even the gentlest breeze could crack her soft exterior, or so they were convinced. She was forced to come to this, and she would not let this opportunity escape. She wasn't sure how much she would need, but Leona packed the essentials, a fair amount of clothes, a skin of water and food that would not stale on her journey, and ultimately, her sword which she had managed to sneak during the previous night.

Her large leather pack was filled to the brim, and she smiled ready to depart, she wouldn't be leaving through the great halls of the mansion. However, she had been stealing bed sheets for the past month, storing them in a hidden compartment in her wardrobe. Leona finally pulled out the bedsheets from their hiding spot. She had knotted them in advance and attached them to her bedpost, pulling as hard as she could to ensure the bedsheets would not loosen on her. Once she was assured she could safely make it to the ground, she secured her pack to her back and stood on the window sill, lowering the knotted sheets.

She took a moment to appreciate the crisp morning breeze and slid off the window sill, slowly lowering herself, making sure to avoid putting too much pressure on the linen, any sudden movement could loosen one of the knots, and she would be screwed. As she neared the ground, her worst fear came to light as the bedsheets came undone, and she plummeted little did she know, she was barely a foot off the terrain. A loud yelp escaped her lips, but she found herself on the ground in a split second and frowned, hoping no one had heard or seen her.

Unfortunately for the young Solari, a large shadow towered over her, and she froze, staring at the stone wall in front of her. She had come this far, and she would not be going down without a fight, with a silent battlecry she picked herself up and turned swiftly elbowing the figure behind her. However, her elbow was caught with ease, and she heard a deep familiar chuckle uncertain whether she should be relieved or even more worried. "Milady, you're up early," the spearman stated with a knowing look.

Leona chuckled nervously, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Pantheon, it's so good to see you, just taking a morning walk," she lied, knowing she sounded ridiculous.

"Right," the man trailed off, his god-like presence making the lady gulp. "You're running away." His voice was raw with emotion. She had never heard him so upset, and she took a step back, clutching the straps of her pack. If it had been anyone else, she would have made a run for it, but she doubted that reckless plan would work against Pantheon. If he weren't her sworn protector, he would have made her eat dirt, and in a one-on-one situation, she stood no chance, and so she sighed in defeat and looked up at the man, his helmet making him all the more intimidating.

"Are you going to stop me?" She asked. Although just a moment ago she had sighed in defeat, her eyes blazed with determination, and the Artisan of War planted his spear in the soft ground bending the knee.

"I will follow you to the ends of the earth, through hell and back if necessary, my spear is yours to wield milady," he spoke earnestly.

"How many times have I told you not to do that?" she sighed, placing her hands on either side of his head, removing his helmet. His hair was held in a bun, and Leona stared at the soft smile on his lips. A smile only she got to see, it was rare for Pantheon to remove his helmet, much less to have someone remove it for him. But he did not mind, not with her at least. With a nod of acknowledgment, he rose to his feet, gently taking his helmet from her. He was a different man altogether when his helmet was off, and there was this certain shine to him that always attracted her.