Chapter 25

Almost on queue Ashton, Beth, Luke, his new girlfriend Jenny, Calum and Emily walked in and started singing beside you loud enough to hear but quiet enough I could hear Michael clearly.

He stood up still holding my hand. I started shaking. I turned with him so I was always facing him as he walked round the table. He knelt down in front of me so I could see our friends behind him.

“Sam. I love you so much. The night I met you I just wanted some sugar I didn’t ever think I would find you next door. I never thought you would suck me in so quickly to you mad life.” I was choked up but managed to giggle. “I promised you I would look after you, protect you and never hurt. I still promise that. But I’d like to promise you that in front of all our friends and family. In a church.” He was crying too now. So were Emily, Beth and Jenny. “Sam Miller. You’re everything I want. Will you do me the honour of become my wife?” he finished and opened a ring box in front of me.

I covered my mouth with both hands sobbing. I couldn’t manage words I could only nod.

“Thank you.” Michael said smiling taking my hand away from my mouth and slid the ring on my finger. I fell to my knees in front of him throwing my arms around his neck. Everyone was clapping and cheering.

“I love you, Sam.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too, Mikey.” I whispered to him.

He whispered back again, “Everything I want.”