Chapter 11

I was kind of relieved Ashton had turned up because I knew I wasn't strong enough to carry Michael back inside on my own.

"Nothing happened Ashton, I'm fine." Michael mumbled trying to stand up on his own. I stood up trying to find a way to help Michael without hurting him.

Ashton stepped forward and took Michael by the arm supporting his back.

"Yeah you look fine"Ashton said sarcastically.

I pushed the door open, "Ashton bring him in here."

"You should have seen the other guy Ash, I'd be surprised if he wasn't passed out half way up the road by now." Michael laughed as Ashton rolled his eyes and smiled.

Ashton and I helped Michael back into my house and sat him down on the sofa. After examining the damage we found that apart from a few bruises on his back the worst injury Michael had come away with was a bloody nose, which we quickly sorted out.

"I better get back, now the guys'll be wondering where we got to, I'll let 'em know what happened." Ashton said.

I walked Ashton to the door and thanked him for his help. I walked back into the lounge and sat next to Michael. He was still holding tissue to his nose. 

"Let me see." I said taking hold of Michael's wrist and pulling it away from his face. His nose was still bleeding, so I took the tissue from him in an attempt to clean him up a bit better.

Michael placed his hand gently on my cheek, looking into my eyes. He smiled, "I'm so glad you're okay Sam. When I noticed the front door was open I just wanted to say hi. I'm glad I came in now. Why didn't you tell me about him?" He asked still stroking my cheek.

I took the tissue away from his nose, it had stopped bleeding, "It never came up." I replied not wanting to dwell on today occurences.

"You deserve better than him anyway." Micahel said leaning in. His eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes again. He kissed me gently and as he pulled away Ashton coughed loudly. I didn't even realise he'd come back in.

"Everyone's at home, they're eager to leave soon, are you guys still coming?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, we'll be there in a sec." Michael said, never losing eye contact with me.

Michael insisted that he was okay and would be alright for tonight if I was still up for it. After all he had done for me I couldn't really say no, so I finished getting ready and we went round to Michael's so he could get ready. When we got there Ashton, Luke and Calum's girlfriends were already there. Seeing as I had already met the boys I wasn't to worried about being left downstairs without Michael. The girls were quick to introduce themselves and most of them seemed really nice.

The first girl was Ashton's girlfriend, she had long blonde hair, was super model skinny and really pretty, "Hi, I'm Beth," she said, "you must be Sam, I've heard so much about you." she said with a smile and pulled me in for a hug.

The second girl was Calum's girlfriend, with short brown hair and a beautiful smile, she wasn't as tall as Beth but the heels she was wearing made up for it. "Hi, I'm Emily, can I get you a drink, we heard about what just happened are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you." I really wasn't but I was trying to keep it together.

The last girl, Luke's girlfriend had dark brown hair, a natural pout and was nowhere near as friendly as Beth and Emily which made me slightly more nervous than I already was but I wasn't prepared to let her get to me too much. I've dealt with her kind before, the "I love me who do you love" type. I've always been easy prey for them, because I'm not as comfortable with being myself as they are about being themselves. Luke's girlfriend didn't introduce herself to me but Beth told me her name was Clara.

"So, when are we leaving already, I'm bored." Clara moaned standing up and walking past me looking me up and down judgingly as she did so. She didn't like me, it was obvious but I couldn't understand why, she'd only just met me.

Michael stepped into the boys lounge and headed straight towards me. He took my hand in his, smiled at me and then turned to everyone else, "Right, ready?"

There were mumbles of "yeah, lets go" and "yes" and "yup".

Luke and Clara were the first ones out of the front door followed by Ashton, Beth, Calum and Emily. I held Michael back for a sec.

"I realised that I never said thank you for what you did today. So... thank you." I said.

"Sam, you don't need to say thank you," he looked to the floor smiled and looked back at me, "I'd do anything for you." he said.

I stood on my tiptoes, put my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek, cautious that people were watching.

"C'mon guys!" Beth shouted from up the road.

We left the house and began to catch up with the rest of the group. The club we were going to wasn't far so we were walking there. It was nice, I got to know Beth and Emily a bit better, but Clara kept her distance, she was too wrapped up in getting Luke's attention but he was messing around with Calum. Meanwhile, Michael didn't let go of my hand the whole way to the club.