Chapter 18

*2 months later*

I had gone shopping with Michael for the band. Normally a couple of the boys would go together. But Michael had been really busy this week so we hadn’t seen each other a lot this week so he asked if I’d go with him.

Michael and I got back to my house. My stomach twisted as Michael pulled up outside. He was there.

Again.

Jack was sitting on my front porch.

I turned to Michael but he was already getting out of the car. I went to get out too, worried about him, but he locked the door before I could. I was locked in and Michael was squaring up to Jack.

I jiggled the door handle in some useless attempt to get out of the car. I banged on the window and shouted at Michael. They were exchanging words but it soon became clear their conversation wasn’t friendly.

*Michael’s POV*

“I thought I made it clear to you. Stay away from Sam.” I said to Jack.

“And I thought I told you, she’s mine.” He said stepping forward.

Sam was banging on the car window. Jack leaned over to see round me. “Ah, there she is.” He pushed past me and headed for the car. I gripped his shoulder in an attempt to stop him. He turned round and punched me in the stomach knocking me to the floor. He smirked, “I just wanna talk to her.” He took the car keys I had dropped when I fell and opened the door to the car. I heard Sam struggle and stood up. “Hey gorgeous” he said pulling her out of the car with his hand around her neck.

“Let her go!” I shouted.

“Sam I just want to apologise. Sam I love you. Okay? Take me back.”

“Never” she said still struggling in his grip.

“You don’t mean that babe.” Jack said taking his cheek in her hand and forcing her to kiss him. He was too close to Sam for me to try and hurt him without hurting Sam too. He leant over and carried her Fireman carry towards her front door. He was definitely too close. I panicked and ran after him. He found Sam’s spare key let himself in and locked the door. I had a spare key, but it was on my car keys. Which he still had. I legged it back home. Flew through the front door into the kitchen. I had a spare backdoor key we never use. I went outside into the back garden jumped the fence into Sam’s and quietly opened the back door. I could hear Sam screaming and Jack shouting at her. I sneaked up the stairs. Jack was pacing the landing. I caught him when he wasn’t looking.

“I thought you might have learnt from last time. Sam’s with me now. I protect her from dick heads like you. I suggest you leave before I call the police.” I shouted down the stairs at him.

“You know what, I don’t need this anyway. Sam’s not worth this. Have her mate, but trust me she won’t satisfy you. She might look like a little slut but” I cut him off when I punched him in the face. He fell back to the floor and I picked him up by his collar.

“I swear if you ever show up here again or talk about Sam like that again I will put you in the hospital.” I screamed.

I walked him out of the house, took back my keys and walked him to the nearest bus station.

When I got back to Sam’s she was sat on the stairs waiting for me. I walked through the door and she threw herself at me. She was crying in my ear, “I’m so sorry” and “Thank you” was all she could manage to say. I shushed her to try and calm her down. I pulled away and sat back on the stairs with her. We sat quietly not touching for what seemed like forever. Until she took my hand. I looked at her and smiled. She rested her head on my shoulder and I kissed her forehead.

“Move in with me.” I said breaking the silence.