Chapter 24

I smiled and nodded. He lead me downstairs and opened the front door for me. I waited for him to close it. He walked me down the path to the small red car at the end. He stepped forward and opened the back door for me. I laughed and got in.

“Hey Sam.” Luke said from the driver’s seat, he was in a suit too. With a chauffeur style hat on.

“Hey Luke.” I said giggling.

Michael got in next to me, “Hey no talking Luke, just drive, put the thing on.”

I looked at Michael puzzled. Luke pressed a button on the radio set and turned the volume up. The first song it played was wherever you are by 5sos Michael took my hand and smiled at me. The CD carried on until we got to our destination and played 5sos covers of my favourite songs, like Love is easy by McFly and ones me and Michael liked together, like Dawson’s geek by Busted. It must have taken them ages to make an album just for me. Luke pulled up and Michael got out and walked round to my side of the car. He opened the door and held his hand out. I took it and climbed out of the car. He walked me up the path and opened the door. We were greeted by a smiley waitress, who led us straight to a table no questions asked. She took us into a small dim room that was elaborately decorated with candles on the table and rose petals on the floor. Michael pulled my chair out and gestured for me to sit down.  I at down and he sat opposite me finding it hard to stop grinning. The waitress handed us menus and left us to decide. My stomach was so knotted. It was a nice kind of pain but it was starting to make me feel slightly sick.

“What looks good Mike?” I said.

“You do.” He said bluntly.

We both laughed. “Oh God you must be nervous that was a cheesy comment.” I said.

He blushed and took my hand under the table.

“Sam there’s something I have to ask you.” He said.