Chapter 12

When we got to the club Michael didn't leave my side, to be honest, I didn't want him to. We all found a large booth to sit at together. We all had a laugh, and I was thouroughly enjoying myself. I'd forgotten all about today. We sat for a long time and I got to know everyone. Luke and Clara left after a while to go and dance. Beth and Ashton went to get more drinks but it was obvious they weren't coming back for a while and Calum and Emily went to dance too. That just left me and Michael. He did that cheesy yawn and stretch thing to make me laugh. 

"You know Sam, when I saw your front door open today and I could hear Jack shouting my heart was beating so fast I was so scared that he had already hurt you," he turned to look at me, "and it made me realise that if anything had have happened to you, I never would have forgiven myself. I really care about you Sam, and I know we haven't known each other that long but I feel like I already know you like we've been friends for years. Sam," he took my hands in one of his and placed his other hand on my cheek, "I want to look after, you deserve better than Jack and I'm not saying I'm the best but I would never hurt you like that. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I was smiling like a dork and probably crying a little bit but I managed to say yes somehow. He put his arms around me and rested his hands on my shoulder blades. My arms were around his neck and our lips were connected instantly. We weren't kissing anymore, we were making out. We were for ages, until Beth and Ashton actually returned with drinks. It's funny in a crowded room full of people, you don't actually expect to be disturbed. Ashton put Michael's drink down on the table with a heavy hand making him let go of me instantly, he was laughing and he smiled at me.

He coughed to clear his throat, "thanks ash" Michael said. He leant back in the couch and put his arm around my waist. Beth came and sat next to me and Ashton sat next to Michael. Me and Beth were talking and I didn't realise how quickly I was drinking. Soon enough Luke and Clara came back over with more drinks. I wasn't counting how many I'd had but I knew I was drunk pretty soon. Michael was drunk too. Infact, I think we all were.

Michael had pulled me closer and was nuzzled into my neck.

"Let's get out of here." he whispered into my ear. I looked at him and we both smiled. Luke and Clara had already left.

Michael stood up, "Right guys we're off." he said.

Ashton and Calum stood up "We'll all go shall we?"

Beth and Emily stood up to agree and we made our way to the exit. Emily and Calum were staying in a hotel and Beth and Ashton were going back to Beth's house. I didn't really want to go home and stay on my own. Emily's shoes were hurting her feet so Calum gave her a piggy-back. As we got closer to the hotel we stopped to say goodbye to Calum and Emily. Then as we got closer to Beth's house Michael and I stopped again to say goodbye to Ashton and Beth. We were finally on our own again. It was quite a chilly night and I must have shivered because Michael asked if I wanted his jacket. Before I could even answer he had slipped it over my shoulders. It was really warm and smelt like him too, which was really comforting.

He put his arm around my shoulders, "Sam, I don't think you should stay on your own tonight, I know I'm still a bit shaken, so I dread to think how you must be feeling, and I wouldn't mind the company to be honest."

Phew...

I wouldn't have to stay on my own tonight and I could stay with him.

I looked at him and smiled, "I'd love that."

"Great." he said pulling me closer.