Chapter forty three.

Chapter forty three

"I remember when he came back from Paris one day. And when they got home, he burst in wearing barrette, French stick, and snails. As cliche as it was it was so funny."

Eric gazed into the roaring fire in our living room. We all recalled the memory, expect Sebastian, those were good times. "I remember when Ellie had Eric and Sam over, and dad accused her of having a boyfriend. She was horrified" everyone laughed while I blushed heavily at the memory.

Just then the house phone rang and I thanked god for saving the day.
Phillip got up and walked over to where it sat on the wall. "Hello?"

"This is he."
-pause-
"Thank you, that's wonderful! We will be there soon."

He turned grinning, "mums out of a coma!"

----

"She's, still in a fragile state of mind, and her arm is broken and she has a sprained ankle. She will need to check once a week. After she goes home."

"When is she able to go home?" Phillip spoke professionally to the doctor.
"In two days."

"Does she know..?"

"Yes, I had told her about Conrad a few hours after she woke. She's been asking for you two though."

"Can we see her now?"

"Go ahead."

Phillip and I walked into the blinding white room. Mums now dull blue eyes looked at us as we entered. "Hey kids." She smiled at us, and her voice sounded weak and raspy. "Hey mum." Phillip walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"How are you mum?" I asked her.

"Horrible to tell the truth. I- I miss your father." A tear slipped out of her eye.

"I'm sorry, but do you mind if we cut this short. I'd love to keep talking to you guys. But I'm exhausted and, I need some time."

Phillip and I looked at our frail mother. "Sure mum, we'll see you tomorrow."

We both stood and walked to the door, "you're both great kids. I love you both."

"Love you too mum."

----

"Hey, how is she?" Sam asked as we walked out of the sterilized hospital room.

"Frail, and broken."

"She will get better."

He slung an arm around my shoulder; it relaxed me.
"Yeah, hopefully."

"Hey Ellie, how's your ma?" Damon walked up to us. "She's better."

"Ellie, can we go talk somewhere?"

"Sure."

I slipped out of Sams arm and followed Damon down the hall of the hospital. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Uh look Ellie, I'm just going to put it out there. But i think we should.. Uh break up."

"I'm not surprised actually. Because I was going to end it to. I mean I'm sad and all but we are better as friends."

"That's true, and I've kinda found someone else. I wouldn't ever cheated on you. But I really like her."

I nodded, tears prickling my eyes. "Don't cry Ellie, it's for the best. " he reached out and hugged me tightly.

"Thanks Damon."

We broke away from our hug, smiled and walked back to Sam. He raised an eyebrow at us. I just shook my head telling him not to worry.

"Pizza time?"

----

It's now ten at night, Phillip, Alice and the kids were out for dinner. The twins and Damon had gone home a two hours ago. And Sebastian hasn't been home since the funeral.

A text lit up my phone as I fetched a can of Pepsi. Checking it I frowned. It was an unknown number. "Hey Ellie, meet me under the apple tree in your back yard."
Assuming it was my brother playing a prank on me, I put my phone back down on the table top. A few minutes later it buzzed again. "Please Ellie. Trust me."
Sighing my can and I stepped out the back door. The sun was setting slowly portraying a soft pink glaze across the yard. My back yard was a jungle; the apple tree was in the center. But you couldn't see it from the house. If it was a murderer I'm meeting, they chose the perfect spot. Maybe I should turn back. Nah. Too late now.

I stood under the tree waiting for whoever it was to come out of the darkness.

"Ellie." A familiar deep voice came from behind me.
"Oh it's just you."

"Who did you think it was?"

"A murderer who decided to rid me from this world."

"Aren't you just so funny."

"I know right!" I grinned back at him. "So why am I out here?"

His arms came up and touched my shoulders gently. "Uh, what are you doing?"

He started leaning in more, I was tempted to turn and run, but my heart was pounding and his lips looked so good. His lips crashed onto mine. It was just perfect. We were perfect.

"I've been wanting to do that since I first met you all those years ago."

Wanting to kiss him again, I leaned in. But he put a finger in my lips to stop me. "Wait Ellie, and and you. We've been friends for years."

I nodded wanting him to continue. He looked down at his shoes for a minute "Ellie. I love you."

I paused for a minute. Wonder what took him so long.

"Oh god. Silence is bad. I shouldn't have said anything. F***"

Quickly I pulled him down and kissed him. It shut him up instantly.
"I love you too, idiot."

----

A/N.. Wooohooo!!! Last chapter done!!

The epilogue will be up in the next half hour!! Love you guys!!! Xoxo

Who do you guys think this mystery boy is??!!!