Chapter twenty eight

"Can you come over?"

"Can't sorry babe, I'm babysitting Sophie. Nana's gone out."

I wont lie and say that i wasn't disappointed but I was, I needed him here today. My birth mother was coming over.

"Oh okay, I'll see you tomorrow though?"

"Of course I wouldn't miss the big final." He laughed into the phone.

"Sorry Ellie gotta go, Sophie needs help with homework. See you tomorrow."

I said goodbye and hung up the phone. Turning around I heard footsteps walk towards me in the kitchen. " hey Allie can you keep an eye on Rane, he's sleeping and I need to pop to the shops. I'll take River with me."

"Sure thing Alice."

The twins were now a week old and driving Phillip, Alice, Sebastian and I crazy. They were up at all different hours, day and night.

But they were adorable.

I walked into Phillip and Alice's room to check on Rane, he was in his cot giggling away to himself. His bright green eyes bubbled with excitement as he looked at me above him. He lifted his little arms up and I picked him up gently.

Downstairs the doorbell rang, no one else was home to get it; Phillip was at work, Sebastian was at Blake's and my parents had already gone back to Canada for another business trip. I propped Rane on my hip and descended down the stairs.

Opening the door I stared at the person in shock.

"Mum?"

My birth mother was standing there with a black eye and blood running out of a large gash on her forearm. "Help me Ellie." She burst into tears and stumble forward.

I put Rane down on a blanket on the floor in the lounge as my mother sat down on the couch.

I sat next to her and out an arm round her shoulder ignoring jump she made.

"What happened mum?"

"He did"

"Who?"

"My boyfriend; your father." She whispered as the years silently feel.

I ran into the bathroom and got a roll of toilet paper and a first aid kit. When I walked back into the lounge I saw jazmine cuddling Rane.

"He's really beautiful Ellie."

"Yes he is, aren't you Rane."

He giggled at all the attention he was getting. I looked at the wound on my mothers arm.

"What happened mum?"

-----

A/N

Okay so quick few notices, all these chapters have NOT been edited once I'm finished I'm going to go back through and change stuff. Also for the second book... Any one making covers? If you are please message me!!! Also I'm thinking of writing a zombie book.. Called 'alone' or 'we found love in a zombie land' or 'zombie wonderland' so yeah covers if you can haha and the main character is a boy just so you know xoxox ~Laura oh and ps next chapter is a flashback type that's why this one is short.