Good Job, Primrose

" Thanks, mom!" Jace grabbed his blue winter hat and slid it onto his head.

" I want to create my own. But it's weird cause it's been warm out all winter." Primrose added. She grabbed some yellow fabric and held onto it.

" We'll probably get a snowstorm sometime later today, according to the weather. It's better to be safe than sorry."

Peeta came behind Katniss's back.
" You got that right," he said.

" So.. It'll snow for the reaping? So when I create my outfit.. It'll have to be warmer?" Primrose asked. Katniss took a breath.

" Yes, Primrose. Yes, you'll have to make something warmer. But if you need any help, I promise you that I'll help you. I just want you to become independent in case you..." Katniss trailed off.

" Get picked." Primrose continued. Katniss nodded.

A few hours later, Primrose had finished her dress for the reaping. It was a beautiful yellow dress with medium sleeves just in case the weather was warmer. She also took her white socks and put some ruffled trim on the top, to look elegant. And for her winter accessories, she had gloves that were white with the same trim at the top that she used for her socks. She didn't need anything else, because she wanted her hair down to cover her ears and arms and the dress was long enough to cover her legs.

" Primrose," Katniss walked into the living room and lifted up Primrose's finished work.

" It's beautiful."

Primrose smiled. " Thank you. I also made these socks and gloves. I can just wear my black dress shoes with it."

" What about a hat? Or a shrug in case you're cold?" Katniss asked. She got a hanger and hung the dress on the curtain rod.

" I want my hair down, and I'm pretty sure it's long enough to cover my ears and my arms."

" Wow, Primrose. It sure seems like you've got this figured out!" Katniss said. Primrose nodded and smiled.

" Okay," Katniss stroked Primrose's hair. " Dinner will be ready soon."

" What are we having?" Primrose asked.

" We are having a mac n cheese bowl with turkey grinds. You, my Primrose, are having whatever you can cook."

" What? That's unfair! I'm starving!" Primrose told Katniss.

" And in The Hunger Games, you'll be even more hungry if you don't fix yourself something." Katniss did a side smile and winked. Then she exited the living room. Primrose's hands slapped her lap. Then she rolled her eyes.

" Ugh, whatever." Primrose got up out of the chair, got her bow and arrow, put her brown boots on and headed outside to the farm.

She picked corn, carrots, tomatoes and squash. For dessert, she picked watermelon and apples.

About 20 feet into the woods, she spotted a lake. Using the technique Peeta had taught her on how to catch fish without a hook, she caught a fish. Then she headed home.

Primrose sat everything on the kitchen counter. She cooked her fish, using her favorite spices. And she made a little vegetable salad with Basil and Garlic. She sat down at the table and smiled.

Jace raised his eyes. " YOU got that? Yourself?"

" Yes sir," Primrose replied. She smiled once more and cut her fish and took a bite. Peeta and Katniss looked at each other, Katniss happy and Peeta confused. Katniss spoke up.

" Good job, Primrose."