Primrose's Hunting

" Okay, Primrose! Let's go hunting!" Katniss peeked inside Primrose's room. Primrose sat up.

" Uhh... O-o-okay?" Primrose nodded.

Katniss went onto Primrose's bed. Primrose had a fuzzy blanket, it was white. Katniss liked it. She put her hand flat out on it.

" Don't be scared, Primrose. It's food, not people." Katniss softly explained. The last part... Primrose should enjoy it while it lasts.

" Not yet. Sooner or later, I'll be chosen. And either I'll die or kill everyone else."

Katniss parted her eyebrows together.
" Primrose, you WILL win. I'll make sure of it." Katniss wasn't sure of any of the words she had just said.

Primrose nodded. Katniss smiled.

" Okay, Primrose! Let's go kill all of the baby deer!" Katniss grabbed Primrose's hand and she looked terrified.

" Kidding!" Primrose sighed in relief. She untucked herself from her bed, grabbed her mother's hand and they walked to the kitchen together.

Katniss kneeled down to the box of where they keep their supplies and weapons. Katniss grabbed 2 bows out of the 5. She handed one to Primrose. Then she gathered about 20 arrows and gave 15 to Primrose and kept 5 for herself.

" They're a lot..." Primrose took a pause and lifted the arrow. "... Heavier than I expected."

Katniss chuckles. " Yeah, well. You better get used to it. Those are just for hunting animals. If-"

" When," Primrose interrupted her.

" When the time comes, you'll have heavier vows to hunt other things." Katniss explains.

" You mean people," Primrose assured her.

" Yes. Yes, I mean people." Katniss didn't wanna sugar coat it anymore. If Primrose was picked, Katniss wanted to assure her of the things she'll have to face.

Primrose nodded confidently. Katniss stood up.

" Okay. Let's go outside. The boys are already hunting. Heck, Jace probably already caught about 3 animals." Katniss laughed. Primrose's face filled with jealousy. She was jealous of how Jace can do all of this and she can't. And Jace is only 10. Primrose is almost 12. Katniss glanced over at Primrose's face.

" Ooh, what do we have here? A little... No! Competitive Primrose Rue Mellark? Nah." Katniss used sarcasm. Lots of it. It wiped Primrose's jealousy right off her face and replaced it with a smile.

" Awww, there she is." Katniss smiled. She touched Primrose's chin and chuckled. Primrose smiled at Katniss.

" Let's go." Primrose said, nudging from Katniss's tight touch on her chin. They walked out the door.

" So, what do you think I'll catch?" Primrose asked. The two of them were walking at a slow pace, bows and arrows ready for any animal crossing by.

" Well," Katniss paused. " It depends on the area. There are a lot of deer around here, along with pigs which normally escape from our district's farms. There are also birds. You just gotta take a look around, Primrose."

Primrose smelled the fresh air of the bright green woods. She took a glance around the whole field. She saw trees, more trees. And a whole ton of grass. Primrose grinned.

After 20 minutes, Primrose and Katniss didn't catch/see anything.

They sat in the middle of the field, gazing at the beauty of the nature. Then Primrose spotted a baby deer. She shot up, and shot the arrow. Katniss's eyes widened.

" Whoa.. PRIMROSE! I'm so... Shocked! That was AMAZING!" Katniss was so excited. She got up on her hands and jumped up herself.

Primrose smiled. " Thanks."

" What encouraged you to shoot a baby deer?" Katniss asked.

" Well, I knew it would happen someday. It also might be the fact that I'm starving and we've been here for almost 30 minutes and it's getting boring."

Katniss laughed a little. " Ahh, I love you, Primrose."

" Love you too, mom."