Honey, I'm home

Katniss walked through the door with some new and fresh deer.

Peeta was sitting on the couch, watching TV.

Katniss set down the deer on the cutting board in the kitchen. Then she put down her bow and arrow and walked into the living room.

" Hey," Katniss said. She walked down the 3 wood steps going from her kitchen to her living room. Peeta looked over.

" Hey," Peeta said back. " What did you get for dinner?"

" Deer." Katniss replied. Peeta nodded. He reached for the remote and turned off the TV. Katniss was already in the kitchen by the time Peeta could even look at the deer.

" Oh, it's a baby." Peeta said. Katniss nodded.

" Yeah, I guess it was trying to find shelter. I mean I can't blame the thing, it's pretty cold out there." Katniss looked out the window above the kitchen sink. It was winter. The snow was falling.

It was two nights before Christmas Eve.

" Since Christmas is a few days from now, what are the plans?" Peeta asked Katniss as he grabbed the spices for Katniss to use for the deer.

" I don't know, maybe we can take the day off and go out to eat someplace special in the morning. And for Christmas Eve, we can watch Christmas movies until we all fall asleep. One big happy family." Katniss replied.

Peeta one handed hugged Katniss.
" One, big, happy family." And then Peeta kissed Katniss's shoulder.

" Okay, enough of the romance and cook us some food!" Primrose told Katniss and Peeta.

Katniss chuckled and spiced the deer. She started a small fire in her grill and placed the deer on her metal rod. She cooked the deer.

" Hey, Primrose, could you set the table? And Jace, could you help her with that?" Katniss asked.

Primrose and Jace nodded. Primrose got the forks and Jace got the spoons and knives and they set the table.

Peeta sat down at the table, and Katniss brought everyone a plate of deer and poppyseed salad.

" We're eating just like one, big, happy family!" Jace said with a big smile on his face. Then everyone had a small chuckle and began eating.