The Reaping

" Time to clean up! Rose, I want you to take a shower. And Jace, I want you to comb that curly hair of yours while she's showering, just so it'll be easier for you to wash when you shower as well." Katniss explained, rushing Rose to the bathroom. Jace nodded and went to his room.

" Try not to take too long, your brother has to shower too." Katniss closed the door and Rose got undressed and showered. She scrubbed her hair really good and used a ton of conditioner. She used her favorite lemon body scrub and washed up. After she was done, she air dried her hair. It made it look wavy and presentable.

Then Jace showered. He did his normal manly stuff.

Rose's dress was waiting for her on her bed. She threw it on along with her black flats. Rose adjusted the pin on her collar.

" Okay, it's time to go." Katniss said with a crack in her voice. She kissed Rose and Jace's heads and they went outside. Katniss kissed Peeta and they went outside too.

Rose ran to Katniss. " I'm so scared!" She said with a voice that sounded like she was gonna cry.

" You'll be fine, little Rose. I promise." Katniss kissed Rose's cheek. But would she, though?

They arrived at the reaping. Katniss spotted a few Peacekeepers. She knew this wouldn't turn out good.

It was time for the blood draw. Katniss knew that Rose already spotted it, and Rose put on her confident face and got her finger pricked. She didn't flinch one bit.

Since Katniss and Peeta were former participants of The Hunger Games, they were put in a special area away from everyone. Jace was also with them. The looks on kids' faces were just too familiar.

A women that was identical to Effie was on the stage. Katniss wasn't even sure if she was a women-maybe Effie's daughter. She was about 19, so yeah, a women. She tapped the microphone twice.

" Mm. I'm Emily. So, think of this as a Hunger Games 2.0. It's more of a tester to see if we should bring it back or not. Now it's time to draw the names. Let's start with the boys for a change!!" She sounded exactly like Effie, and looked like her.

Emily opened the card. " Jack Mason!"

Katniss nudged Peeta. " Isn't that Joanna's son?"

Note: Joanna had been living in district 13, Katniss and her family were neighbors with Joanna.

Jack Mason walked up to the stage, his face looked exactly like Peeta's when he was reaped.

Katniss spotted Joanna in the small area that the victors of The Hunger Games were in. Joanna's face had a mixture of " oh my god my baby boy! " and " eh, he'll slay them all."

" Now for the girls!" Emily read the name from the card. She took a small pause.

" Primrose Mellark."

The crowd took a pause. Even the peacekeepers. Even Katniss and Peeta.

Rose walked up, very confident. She stood tall on that stage.

" Please, I prefer Rose." She said to Emily. You could hear the fear in her voice.