40. Not What He Seems

•ROBIN'S POV•

I was suddenly awoken by the feeling of a burning sensation on my face. I groaned and opened my eyes. Once I opened them, I looked forward and saw Mabel on Dipper's bed that we were sleeping on, hovering over us. "Mabel?" I asked.

"Oh, good! You're awake!" she chirped. You see, last night when Dipper and I got home from the Northwest's mansion, we were so tired that when changed out of our dress clothes, we immediately collapsed.

The burning sensation came back to my cheek again. "Why does my face hurt?"

"Oh, that's because I slapped you awake!" I groaned again and fell back onto Dipper's chest, which made him wake up too.

"Mabel, why are you on my bed?" he asked her tiredly and annoyed.

"Because I need to show you guys something!"

"What's the time?"

"7AM." I growled and took the pillow out from under our heads and threw it at Mabel's face, knocking her off the bed.

"I told you, Mabel. Never wake the beast before 9 AM," Dipper reminded.

Mabel ran down the hall excitedly as Dipper and I trailed behind, tired. "Ahh! It's here it's here it's here!" she exclaimed. Dipper and I sighed as we approached the closet she stopped at. "Okay, so I was just opening random doors—because I'm a creep, but not as much as Robin—when I found something amazing!" she said and flailed her nightshirt sleeves.

Dipper rubbed his eyes as I yawned. "If it was worth waking up at 7AM for, that will be amazing," he said.

"My morning coffee mocks me," I added. "Nothing stands between a girl and her coffee!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

Dipper grabbed them and put them down. "Down girl."

"Feast your eyes!" Mabel opened the door to reveal a closet filled with various types of fireworks in a box that was labeled "DO NOT TOUCH!"

"Whoa!" Dipper and I said in awe.

Mabel put a hand on each of our shoulders. "Bros. Bros. We're all thinking it," she said.

"Crazy rooftop fireworks party!" we yelled together, throwing our hands in the air.

"Not so fast, kids!" The twins cowered as I stood my ground when Stan marched up to us. "There is no way on earth you're setting off those dangerous, illegal fireworks..." He then smiled and bent down to put his arms around our shoulders. "...without me." We grinned at each other.

We grabbed all the fireworks and headed up to the roof to set them off. Dipper grabbed an icy-pop from the cooler as I threw down some Poppers at his feet. Dipper yelped and tried dodging them. I stopped and laughed at him. He came up to me a gave me a playful glare. Mabel was standing excitedly next to Stan, who was sitting on the lounge chair with a lit sparkler and a Roman candle. Mabel had a giant firework in her hand and Stan lit it with his sparkler. "Here you go, sweetie. Set something on fire for your Grunkle Stan," he said to her.

Mabel aimed the firework to the sky. "I AM THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION!" she screamed and shot the firework off.

We laughed as the firework blew up in the sky. Dipper pulled me close by my waist and kissed my temple. "Hold on a minute." We stopped our fun and looked down to see Blubs and Durland approaching the Shack. "Do you have a permit for those?" Blubs asked us.

"Uh..." Dipper nervously trailed off.

"Uh, do you have a permit for being totally lame?" I asked him. We all laughed.