8. The Inconveniencing

•DIPPER'S POV•

I sat in the gift shop along with Mabel, Robin, Wendy, and Soos. Robin sat beside me at the counter as I read through the journal and she was cutting up some flowers she found. Mabel was sitting on a globe that kept spinning. Wendy was reading a magazine and Soos was working on something. "Mabel, Robin, do you guys believe in ghosts?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the journal.

"We believe you're a big dork! Ha ha ha!" Mabel said and laughed. Robin laughed as well. I placed my pencil on the globe Mabel was sitting on, stopping it and causing her to fall off. I then punched Robin in the arm. She growled and punched me back harder. I flinched.

A moment after, Grunkle Stan entered from the outside. "Soos! Wendy! Robin!"

Soos ran up to him, panting as Wendy and Robin casually walked up. "What's up, Mr. Pines!" Soos said.

"I'm headin' out. You three are gonna wash the bathrooms, right?" Stan asked.

"Yes, sir!" Soos said as he saluted.

Wendy saluted as well. "Absolutely not!"

Robin pointed to Wendy. "I'd rather chew on broken glass than do that if Wendy's involved."

Wendy glared at Robin and crossed her arms. "That was uncalled for, Peters."

"So was your existence, Red," Robin insulted. They growled at each other.

Stan laughed. "Ha ha! You stay out of trouble!" He pointed to Wendy and Robin. "Especially you two." Then, he left.

Robin rolled her eyes and walked back over to me. I rubbed her back, seeing if it'll calm her down or not. She sucked in a deep breath and smiled at me which caused me to smile back. It worked. I looked over and saw Wendy walking over to a blue curtain. "Hey, guys! What's this?" She unveiled the curtain, showing a ladder. "A secret ladder to the roof?"

Soos worriedly walked up to Wendy was. "Uh, I don't think Mr. Pines would like that," he said. Wendy hovered her hand over the curtain, freaking Soos out and pulled her hand back, then she hovered over it again, freaking him out even more. "You're freaking me out, dude!" Soos exclaimed.

"Can we actually go up there?" I asked.

"Who cares?" Robin mumbled just loud enough for me to hear. I elbowed her.

"Sure we can!" Wendy answered as she was already on the ladder. "Roof time! Roof time!" she chanted.

"Roof time! Roof time!" Mabel and I chanted as we made our way up the ladder.

I stopped and looked down to see Robin and Soos were not climbing up. "You two comin'?" I asked.

Soos shook his head nervously. "No, dude. Mr. Pines would be mad if he finds out we didn't clean the bathrooms."

I shrugged and looked at Robin. "What about you?"

"And be stuck up there with Tomato Top? No, thanks. She's just a dumb blonde with high blood pressure," Robin stated as she crossed her arms and looked away. Then, she looked back at me. "And may I need to remind you? Heights: don't like 'em."

"Come on, please?" I begged and she scoffed. "You don't even need to talk to her. Plus, I'll be right here, and I won't let you fall."

She furrowed her brows at me but sighed. "Fine," she said a little coldly. Robin joined me on the ladder and we started to climb up, eventually making it to the edge where Wendy and Mabel were standing.

"There you are, Dipper!" Mabel said. "What took you so long?"

"And why'd you bring the little urchin?" Wendy asked as she gestured towards Robin.