39. Northwest Mansion Mystery

•ROBIN'S POV•

It was a rainy summer midday in the sleepy town of Gravity Falls, so Dipper and I thought we should take a day off. Not to mention we were exhausted from fighting off a vampire to save Blubs and Durland. We even made the front page of the newspaper. Dipper and I were sitting on the couch in the Mystery Shack with a marathon's worth of food around us and a bunch of pillows and blankets surrounding us. He had his arm around me, his hand close to my thigh as I snuggled close to his chest. "You asked for it, you got it!" the TV announcer said. "An entire 48-hour marathon of Ghost Harassers on the Used to Be About History Channel!"

"Be strong, bladder," Dipper said and patted his stomach. "We're not gonna move til' sunset."

I chuckled. "Don't peeing on me if you have to use the potty," I informed.

He laughed. "Gross."

"Yup, that's me." I then looked at my knee and smiled. "Ooh, a scab!" I started picking at it.

The TV spoke up again, which got my attention. "We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news!" Toby Determined announced.

Dipper and I groaned. "Aww, what?/Boo!" we shouted.

Suddenly, Mabel burst though the living room and sat next to me. "It's starting!" she exclaimed.

Candy also rushed in with a bag of Cookie Chips and sat next to Dipper. "Turn it up!" she said.

Grenda then came out of nowhere and jumped up; landing on all four of us, breaking a lamp in the process. "Make room for Grenda!" she shouted. Dipper and I pushed them off of us.

We all look at the TV as it showed Toby Determined reporting outside of the Northwest Manor. "Well tonight's the night, but I've been out here for days!" he announced. The camera zoomed out to reveal Toby all worn out and dirty. "The Northwest family's annual high-society-shindig-ball-soirée is here! And even though common folk aren't allowed in, that doesn't stop us from taking a peeking at all the fanciness!"

"Oooooooooh!" the three girls cooed in sync.

I groaned and sat up. "Okay, an someone please explain why people care about this?" I asked.

Grenda sat up. "It's pretty much the best party of all time! Rich food, richer boys!" she stated.

"They say each gift basket has a live quail inside!" Mabel added.

Candy began pawing at the screen. "Give me your life Pacifica," she begged.

Dipper scoffed. "Guys, incase you've already forgotten, Pacifica Northwest is the worst!" I nodded in agreement. Dipper's complaining was interrupted when there was a knock on the door.

Him and I got up and went to open it, but turned around. "And that's not just jealousy talking. We'd say that to her face," I said. Dipper opened the door to reveal Pacifica wearing a purple bandanna, a trench coat, and sunglasses.

"I need your help," Pacifica said.

"You're the worst," Dipper and I said before slamming the door in her face.

Mabel, Candy, and Grenda all gasped at our action. "See?" I said, gesturing to the door. Pacifica knocked on it again and Dipper opened it, reluctantly.

"Look. You think it's easy for me to come here? I don't want to be seen in the hovel!" Pacifica complained as she swatted away a fly. "But there's something haunting Northwest Manor." She took off her sunglasses and looked at us worriedly. "If you two don't help me, the party could be ruined!" she exclaimed.

"Don't care, bye!" I shouted before I started closing the door. Dipper stopped it with his foot.

Dipper was irritated and crossed his arms. "And why should we trust you? All you've ever done was try to humiliate me, Mabel, and Robin," he explained.