9. Into The Stars

•ROBIN'S POV•

It was an early morning on a fantastic Friday when I woke up. Even though my hair was a total mess and there was dried drool on my cheek, but I was still happy and excited. Today, since I never really got the chance, I got to hang out with my grandparents. When Dipper asked me why I wasn't coming in for work today, I simply told him 'family fun day'. Then, he asked if I was crazy since I never hang out with my family which resulted in me slapping him across the face. My grandparents decided to have an easy game day. When they told me that, I thought we were playing football, but it turns out we are playing board games. Surprisingly, I was excited to hang with them. Ever since I met Dipper and got a job at the Shack, I never get to see them often.

I jumped out of bed and walked downstairs, seeing my Pap at the counter pouring himself a cup of coffee. I smiled. "Hey, save some for me, old man!"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Alright, Robin."

I went into the living room seeing my grandmother sitting on the couch with a board game on the coffee table. "Morning, gram," I greeted.

Gram smiled. "Oh! Good morning, my little birdie! How's it going?"

"Grandmother, I literally just woke up. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet." Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned to see Pap standing there with two cups of coffee; one red and the other brown. He handed me the red one and walked over to my grandmother. Pap grunted and shook as he began to sit down with grandmother helping him a bit. Wow, he's been like this for a while lately. I wonder if he's doing okay. "Um, thanks for the coffee, Pap," I said.

Pap waved me off. "Ah, it's no biggy, kiddo. Just seeing what I can do to for my little birdie."

I smiled shyly. "Well, you made it black. Just the way I like it."

Grandmother clapped her hands, getting our attention. "Alright, I know it's like super early in the morning, but I want to get this 'family fun day' started!"

After some time of playing a few board games, we were in the middle of a really good one and my Pap and I were on, like, our fifth cup of coffee. "Alright, it's my turn," I said, shaking the dice. "If I get a 6, I go to jail, but if I get a 7... Mama's gettin' herself a new house!"

"Honey, please don't refer to yourself as 'Mama'. It makes me uncomfortable," grandmother admitted.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked. "I'm not even a mother and I'll probably never have kids. Kids. Are. Obnoxious. Even as a kid I thought they were."

Pap chuckled which turned into a cough. "Robin, sweetie, can you roll the dice for me?"

"Sure. Why?" I gladly picked it up and began shaking it.

"Uh, nothing pressing... Just having a heart attack."

I nodded my head. "Oh, heart attack, right." Then, I dropped the dice and quickly stood up. "Wait, you're having a heart attack?!"

He nodded. "Most definitely. I've had three in my life. We're old friends."

"Sweetheart, you're having a heart attack. We have to get you to the hospital," grandmother announced.

"I'll be fine," Pap reassured.

"No, you won't!" I shouted. "We're taking you to the hospital." My grandmother and I helped him up from the couch, walking him to the car. Pap and I sat in the back as Gram sat up front. "Pap, when did the pain start?" I asked him.

"When I had my third cup of coffee." My eyes widened. What a minute. The only reason we had that much coffee is because I dared Pap he couldn't drink that much. Oh no...