/26/

Harry

The sun was just rising as we turned onto our street. I heard Charlotte breathing softly next to me and when I turned to look at her I saw she was sleeping.

I smiled softly as I pulled into my driveway.

I got out of the car, and walked around to the passenger side. The sky was a colorful mix of rosy pink, lavender purple, and sunny yellow. I wish Charlotte was awake to see this, because it really was beautiful. Maybe some day, we'd be able to watch the dawn of a new day together.

I opened the door and being careful not to wake her, I gently picked her up and held her bridal style in my arms. She stirred a little, but didn't open her eyes.

I struggled to unlock the door, but I eventually got it open, and I walked inside my dark house that was way too big for one person.

I trudged up the stairs to my room and made my way towards my bed. I laid Charlotte down on top of the covers and stepped slowly back, admiring her sleeping features.

Her dark hair was out of that bun and in loose waves around her. Her mouth was slightly parted, and her long eyelashes flared out.

God damn it, she was so beautiful. I was tempted to just lay down next to her and fall asleep, but I couldn't. Not tonight.

So I settled down on the big leather armchair across from my bed and waited for her to wake up. 

                      *

Charlotte

I awoke to the sun warming up my face and arms.  The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Harry sitting in the armchair across the room, staring at me.

I screamed and sat straight up.

"Whoa, it's only me!" Harry said, raising his hands up in defense.

I put a hand on my chest to slow down my rapidly beating heart.

"Jesus Harry, you scared me!" I said.

"Sorry, love." He chuckled.

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy curls. I looked around at Harry's room. I guessed that I fell asleep on the ride home and Harry carried me to his bed. I reminded myself to thank him for that later.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"9 in the morning. You want breakfast?"

I finally remembered my family next door and shook my head rapidly.

"No, I have to get home. My mom must be worried sick about me." I said, then groaned.  "Ugh, I'm gonna be in so much trouble!"

"Calm down, Charlotte. You haven't even been gone for a full two days. Just say you were with me or something." He said.

I nodded and got out of bed, smoothing down my clothes. I headed for the door and Harry got out of the chair, following me.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked.

"That's okay. I'll go alone. You've done enough for me." I said. Before I left the room, I turned around to face him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Thank you for getting me out of that warehouse. If you didn't come for me, I could've died." I said softly.

Harry looked at me with that piercing stare that always made me go weak in the knees.

"If you were in danger, I'd go across oceans for you." He said seriously.

I felt my face grow hot at that comment and Harry stroked his thumb across one of my cheeks, the cooling sensation of his finger a relief for my blushing skin.