/18/

Charlotte

I woke up the next morning to warm sun shining on my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw bright sunlight streaming in from the huge window.

I laid in Harry's comfy bed for a minute or two, basking in the warmness of the morning, then got up. I looked at myself in the long mirror. My face had remnants of tear stains on them and my cheeks were flushed. I put my dark wavy hair up in a ponytail, and looked around to see if there was a bathroom in here so I could wash up before going downstairs.

Luckily, there was a door to my right, so I walked over to it and opened it. Fortunately, it was a bathroom. I went in, turned on the sink, and splashed some cold water on my face. I went to the bathroom, washed my hands, then headed downstairs, not even bothering to get back into my clothes from last night.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room. There was nobody on the couch, but I heard rustling coming from the kitchen, so I decided to go in there and see if Harry was around.

I walked in and saw Harry flipping pancakes on an indoor griddle, humming something.

"What are you doing?" I asked, causing Harry to jump and turn around. He was wearing a tight fitting white T shirt, and I saw dark traces of tattoos under it. I quickly brought my eyes back to his face.

"You're, um...not wearing your usual black hoodie." I stammered.

Harry laughed.

"No, but really...what are you doing?"

Harry looked at the pancakes, then back at me.

"Making you breakfast." He answered nonchalantly.

"You didn't have to do that." I said.

He shrugged, putting the finished pancakes on a plate for me.

"I want to."

He handed the plate to me.

"You can sit in the dining room. I'll be right there." He said.

"Are you eating too?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"I already did."

I looked at him for further explanation, and he signed.

"Blood bags."

"Do vampires have to eat real food also? Or just...you know."

"We can survive only on blood, but real food digests as well, it just doesn't have a taste."

I nodded.

"Gotcha."

I went into the dining room and sat down with my pancakes. A couple seconds later, Harry came in with a fork and knife, a napkin. maple syrup and a bowl of strawberries.

"You didn't have to do all this Harry, really." I said as Harry set everything down and sat next to me at the table.

"It's okay. I seriously wanted to." said Harry.

I grinned at him.

"Well, thanks." I poured syrup over my pancakes then took a bite.

"These are so good!" I complimented him. "Did you have all this stuff in here already?"

"Nah, I ran out early this morning and got them."

I gave him a look.

"Harry! That's a big risk." I said sternly.