/5/

One week later

Charlotte

It's been a week since Harry moved in. Cole told me not to go near him but I couldn't help it.

I stared outside my bedroom window almost every night, watching the house next door. I saw Harry in there only sometimes, pacing back and forth past his bedroom window. He never came outside though, and that's what intrigued me and made me want to see him.

It was a little bit after 8:00, and we'd just finished dinner. It was awkward and silent the entire time, because my dad was back now; he'd come back 2 days after he stormed out, and nobody was talking to him. Even Ashley and Brianna sensed something was wrong and they were quiet.

I had just picked up my phone and was about to call Cole.

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Cole's familiar, cheery voice asked.

I smiled.

"Hey, nerd."

"Hi, Char."

"What're you up to?" I asked him as I walked over to my window, looking out.

"Oh you know, the usual. Playing Until Dawn...probably till dawn."

I laughed at his joke, but stopped as soon as I saw movement outside my window.

"Cole!" I whispered.

He stopped mid sentence.

"What?"

"There's something outside my window."

"It's probably an animal or something. You do have a fricking forest in your backyard."

I squinted my eyes and pressed my face up against the glass, trying to see further.

"I don't think it's an animal, Cole."

Just then, I saw exactly what it was. Someone was running into the forest behind the Creep House (thanks to no gates, I could see everything that went on in that backyard.)

I made out dark, curly hair and a black hoodie and I gasped.

"Cole, it's Harry!"

"What do you mean, it's Harry?" asked Cole.

"Harry is going into the forest behind the Creep House!"

"What the hell?" Cole muttered.

I watched as Harry ran into the forest and disappeared into the trees.

"I wonder what he's doing." I said half to myself, half to Cole.

"Well, let's not find out." Cole answered.

"I wasn't planning on it." 

                         *
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I shouted from inside my house as Cole blared his car horn at me.

"He's gonna wake the twins up!" My mom said as she came into the foyer, tying a fuzzy purple bathrobe around herself.

"I know and I'm sorry, I'm running late, and Cole likes to be early everywhere he goes."  I replied apologetically.