/17/

picture: Harry's bedroom

Charlotte

I stared at my parents, my mouth open.

"Girlfriend?"

My mom nodded.

"Yes, girlfriend."

"You have a fucking wife." Tyler said between his teeth.

"Watch your language, young man." My dad scolded him.

"Shut up. You don't get to tell me what I can and can't say anymore." Tyler snapped.

It was quiet for a split second.

"You knew that he had a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Of course I did, I figured it out less than a month after he started seeing her. It was obvious. He'd come home late every night when I was in bed, reeking of beer and sex. He wouldn't want to have sex with me. Hickies on his neck, that I didn't give to him. I eventually called him out for his secrets and he admitted to me that he had a girlfriend." My mom explained this in a cool and collected voice and spoke as if my dad and Harry weren't even there.

"Why didn't you divorce his ass?" Tyler asked angrily. I put a hand on his arm and rubbed it soothingly, to calm him down.

"I couldn't. He's the only one with a stable, or so I thought, job to support this family. He's the only way we're getting money. So me and him made a deal. He can go and get drunk and fool around with his blonde whore all he wanted, as long as he stayed at his job,  continued to give us money, and never brought her to our home in front of you guys and the twins. But now I'm done."

She turned to my dad who was sitting there in silence with his arms crossed.

"Get your stuff, David. Pack your shit, and get out." My mom said calmly.

My dad continued to sit there.

"You heard me. Get out."

My dad shrugged and finally got up, walking to his bedroom.

"Fine. Have fun going into debt! Because I'm not giving you money anymore!" He called over his shoulder.

"How long did you know about this, Mom?" I asked.

My mom stared at the floor.

"Five months." She answered softly.

My jaw dropped. She's known about this for five months and didn't bother telling me or Ty? I stared at her. I was extremely frustrated with her and I couldn't be here right now.

Harry stood up now.

"Should I-?" He asked, pointing to the door.

I shook my head quickly.

"No, don't leave."

"I'm going to Caroline's." Tyler said gruffly. He looked at me. "I'll text you later, okay?"

I nodded as he grabbed his coat and left the house.

My mom glanced quickly at me before looking back down at the ground.

"You're leaving too, I'm guessing?" She asked.

I looked at Harry. He gave me a short nod.

"Yeah, I am." I started towards the door, Harry by my side.

"Charlotte!" My mom called.

I didn't turn around as I shut the door.

                              *
I walked into Harry's house and took a seat I his couch, him trailing behind me.