/22/

Charlotte

It's been a couple days since Harry and I kissed. Maybe two or three, I haven't really been keeping count.

All I could think about was Harry. The softness of his lips against mine, the way his mouth tasted like cherries and wine, how his hands ran up and down my back, the heat that radiated off his body when our chests touched, the way his tattoos looked inked on his skin...okay, I needed to stop.

He's avoided me ever since we kissed, which was a bad idea because he was the one who said he'd protect me. I didn't bother trying to talk to him because I didn't think he'd want to.

I stared up at my ceiling, laying face down on my bed and absentmindedly twirling a dark haired curl around my finger.

Was I a bad kisser? That could be the case, since I've never kissed anyone in my entire life and I was probably super inexperienced.

Or maybe I wasn't pretty enough for him. He's been all around the world, he must've seen loads of pretty European or Californian or British girls. But then I remembered what he said about how I was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen, and I put that guess out on the question.

I mean, he could be lying.

Stop, Charlotte. Get a grip. If this is really bothering you so much, why don't you ask him about it?

I sat up on my bed, uncoiling my hair from my finger.

Listening to my conscience, I got up, threw on my light terrycloth zip up and my worn out black and white Converse, and headed downstairs.

Tyler was in the kitchen, throwing a huge stick of butter in a pot of drained pasta.

"Hey, Char!" He said cheerfully. His voice sounded fake and overenthusiastic, like he was talking to a child.

I plastered on a mock grin.

"Hi, Tyler."

Besides Harry always being near me because of Liam and then, Tyler has too, but because of Cole's murder. He wanted to make sure I was okay, and that I didn't do anything major like suicide. I knew much more about the situation than he ever will, but I thought it was nice that he was trying to be a caring, watchful older brother.

"Where are you headed?" He asked as he saw me reach for the front door.

"Just going to talk to Harry." I answered quickly.

"Oh. Do you want me to come with you?" He asked, a crease forming in his forehead as his dark eyebrows furrowed.

I shook my head.

"That's alright. I'll only be a little bit."

Images of him kissing me ran through my mind and my cheeks felt hot.

"I just have to ask him a question."

Tyler nodded.

"Okay, I'll save you some pasta." He replied.

My fake smile melted away and turned into a real one.

"Thanks."

I opened the door and stepped outside now, walking across the lawn in the chilly spring air to Harry's house. I sometimes felt funny not calling the big building next door the Creep House, but I didn't consider it that anymore. This was where Harry chose to live, and where he wanted to stay. We shared many intimate moments in there, and I no longer thought of it as an old, abandoned house.

I walked up onto the porch and knocked briskly on the door.

After about 10 seconds of no answer, I knocked again. The door still didn't open.

I glanced behind me at the tarred driveway. His Toyota was still there, so that must mean he was at home.

Right?

"Looking for someone, love?" I heard a voice behind me say.

I slowly turned around and saw the man who was standing in the middle of the street looking at me that one time.

My heart almost stopped as I looked up at him.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice quavering.

"I'm Liam."

At that, I felt chills run down my spine and my breaths became shorter, more panicked.

"No need to say who you are, I already know. Charlotte Winters. Girl next door. Harry's new fascination." He said.

"Where's Harry? What did you do to him?" I asked, backing up against the heavy wooden door.

"Oh, I didn't do anything, love. He just went for a walk into town, going to meet you for coffee." He smirked.

I now realized that he must've done something to lure Harry away from here.

"And now is the perfect time to-" Before Liam could finish his sentence, I saw a flash  of blond hair out of the corner of my eye and felt something like a needle going into my arm. I was met with a sharp, stinging sensation and felt someone catch me in their arms as I felt myself falling deeper and deeper down, almost like I was falling into a dark hole. The last thing I saw was Liam's gleaming smile before everything went black.

Harry

"Don't stop, Harry." Charlotte whispered against my lips. She was currently sitting sideways in my lap, kissing me gently.

It was the perfect moment, everything was quiet and still and I had the most beautiful girl on top of me, kissing me and running her hands through my hair. And thanks to vampire heightened senses, it was even better because I could smell her skin and hear her sighs from deep inside of her and and I could almost taste her fruity body scent.

As I attached my lips to her neck and started planting light kisses all over her delicate skin, I heard the loud thumping of her heart and her arteries and began to smell her sweet blood flowing through her veins. I imagined myself tearing into her skin and drinking that blood, and suddenly, that's all I wanted to do.

I felt my fangs protrude from my mouth and before I knew it, I had ripped apart her neck and her blood was all over my face and mouth. Her loud screams and cries are what woke me up.

I jolted out of bed in a cold sweat. My teeth ached and I reached a hand to my mouth. In horror, I noticed my fangs were out. I sighed in relief and realized it was just a nightmare.

I ran a hand through my curls, which were matted down with sweat, and looked around. I was on the couch, and not in my bed upstairs. I guess I must've fallen asleep or something. I checked the time in the grandfather clock across from me. It was 3:15pm. I fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon? I never slept in the afternoon, let alone sleep in general.

I got up and paced around the living room, reliving the nightmare I just had. In my dream, I'd killed Charlotte. Tore her apart.  My worst fear in the entire world was losing control around her.

After I kissed her that day, I got so scared I was going to lose it and bite her. She was so close to me and she was touching me and I was touching her...I stayed in the house for a few days after that because I needed to recover and I didn't know if I could face her.

Stupid, I know, because I was supposed to be protecting her from Liam and them.

After taking a couple of breaths, a knock sounded at the door.

I hesitated, not knowing who would be standing behind it anymore. But I ended up cautiously walking towards the door and swinging it open.

To my surprise, there was nobody standing in front of me, but there was a little note laying on the ratty doormat at my feet.

I bent down and picked it up, reading it slowly.

Meet me at Starbucks in town. I need to talk to you ASAP. -Charlotte

My heart sped up as I read the last sentence. She probably wanted to talk to me about the kiss.

I quickly went back inside, threw on my sweatshirt and used my vampire speed to get into town.

Staying away for a couple days made me realize how much I missed Charlotte, and now I was dying to see her.