/25/

Charlotte

I woke up later in another bed, another needle in my arm and hooked up to another IV. On instinct, I sat straight up, my chest tightening. I tried to yank the needle out of my arm and push the IV away from me.

Before I could do any of that though, the door opened and Harry came rushing in. When he saw what I was trying to do, his eyes widened and he ran towards me.

"No no no, don't do that! Charlotte, hey! You're in the hospital, okay? You're safe. Look at me."

I did. His green eyes bored into mine and I felt my breathing return to normal.

He gently took my hand off the needle and took both my hands in his.

"You're safe." He said, slower this time.

I took a deep breath. He took a seat on the bed, still holding my hands.

"You lost a lot of blood, so they're giving you more to replenish your system." Harry explained.

I nodded and leaned back against my pillows and closed my eyes.

I felt a whisper of fingertips brushing against my cheek and my skin tingled with the contact.

Just then, I heard footsteps getting louder and louder in the direction of my room.

The fingertips on my face went away and I snapped my eyes open.

A female nurse, clad in boring blue scrubs, walked in and grinned at me.

"Hi, Charlotte! Glad to see you're awake!" She said, a little too enthusiastically.

I gave her a weak smile.

She sauntered over to me and looked at my IV and needle.

"Well, it seems like you're back to normal, blood wise." She commented. I looked at her closely, not sure if what she said was supposed to be an insult or not.

"Anyways, let me just check your vitals, and you'll be good to go." She said.

She began to check my heartbeat with the stethoscope wrapped around her neck, and I stared up at the ceiling, willing myself not to cry.

I can't believe this. I never once thought that vampires would be real, and I certainly never thought I'd become friends with one, let alone kiss one. I never thought my best friend would die in the hands of them. I never thought that I'd be kidnapped and drugged and almost drained of my blood, almost dying just like Cole did. I never thought my life would become like this.

But it has.

"All done. Thanks, honey. You're all set." The nurse said, startling me out of my thoughts. I glanced at her. She took off all the crap I was hooked up to, gave me a quick smile and left my room, leaving me and Harry alone.

I threw off the covers and began to sit up.

Harry instantly got up off the bed and took my arm, helping me to the floor.

I wobbled when I stood and Harry put a strong arm around my waist.

I found my balance and put on the flip flops made of cheap material that the hospital provided.

My itchy hospital gown fell of my shoulder and I pulled it back up, feeling Harry looking at me.

"I have your clothes over here." He said now, going over to the armchair that he was probably sitting in, waiting for me to wake up.

He came back and handed me the clothes and shoes I've been wearing since that day Liam took me.

"They were kinda dirty, so I went down to the laundromat next door while you were sleeping and washed your clothes." He said, looking proud of himself.