/11/

Charlotte

The day came and went, and soon it was the next night, which meant dinner inside the Creep House with Harry. I spent most of the day flitting around my room trying to decide on which outfit to wear. I finally chose a long sleeved burgundy sweater dress Tyler bought me for my birthday last year, with my black combat boots and a necklace.

I brushed and curled the ends of my hair, and put on some foundation and a tiny bit of mascara, and a little bit of lip gloss. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I hope I didn't look too fancy. I don't even know why I tried to dress up. I could've just worn a sweatshirt and leggings.

I headed downstairs, where my brother was sitting in the couch smiling at his phone and my sisters on the floor. My dad was sitting at one end of the table staring into nothingness and my mom was sitting at the other end staring at him.

My parents looked up when they saw me and my mom smiled.

"Honey, you look gorgeous! Where are you going?" My mom asked.

"Dinner with Cole." I lied, quickly taking some chocolate chip cookies from the cookie jar and placing them on a plate.

"That's nice!"

"Are you two a thing now?" asked Tyler.

I shook my head rapidly, then I finished wrapped the plate of cookies in tinfoil.

"Well, I've gotta get going. Cole's waiting for me at the end of the block." I said, grabbing my coat off the hanger and rushing out the door before anyone could say anything else.

I hurried across the lawn to the Creep House, making sure to look behind me to see if any of my family members were looking out the window after me.

I hopped up onto the porch, the old wooden steps creaking under my weight. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door a few times.

A minute or so later, the door swung open, revealing a very handsome (as usual) Harry.

"Hi." He said, looking me up and down, causing me to blush. He swallowed hard, then grinned.

"You look lovely." He complimented, my face getting even redder.

"Thanks."

He was still wearing his black sweatshirt, but the hood was down and I could see his luscious hair.

"Well, come in!" He said, opening the door wider and letting me enter.

I stepped inside and looked around.

"Wow." I said quietly. The foyer smelled of mildew, old wood, garlic, and tomato sauce. There was a long wooden staircase leading upstairs, flowered wallpaper, and high ceilings. It wasn't dirty or wrecked inside like I thought. It was actually kind of nice looking. Maybe Harry cleaned the place up when he moved in.

"I bet you thought this place was a dump." said Harry, almost as if he was reading my thoughts.

"I did." I answered.

Harry chuckled.

"Well, let's head to the kitchen. Dinner's almost ready."

I followed Harry to the kitchen. We passed through the living room which was huge and spacious. Big self portraits of many different people hung up on the wall, and there was some pieces of furniture scattered around the room all covered in tarp, except for a mahogany coffee table and a couch.

There was a swinging door connecting the living room to the kitchen. Harry swung it open and held it for me, letting me walk in first. The kitchen was bare, only with a few pots. No new and modern kitchen appliances, no fancy utensils.