/23/

Charlotte

The first thing I heard was the loud whirring of fans. My eyes were still closed, they felt like heavy lead sheets over them forcing them shut.

My mind felt like it was enveloped in a cloud, and my brain felt like a fog machine.

I forced my eyes open and slowly took in my surroundings. Once my vision cleared, I saw that I was inside somewhere that looked like a huge warehouse, and the only light came from the sunlight shining in through the clear ceiling over my head.

I tried to stand up but found I couldn't move. I was tied down to a chair, my ankles bound together with thick rope, and my wrists were tied down to the chair as well.

I tugged at the ropes, stupidly thinking I would be able to get out. But whatever I got injected with made me weak, and I didn't have that much strength to move around.

"Ah, Charlotte! Good to see that you're awake!" A cheerful male voice echoed through the warehouse.

I looked all around me, trying to determine where the noise was coming from.

Four silhouettes came out of the shadows and towards me. When the light shone on them, I saw that it was Liam, along with three other guys who I guess were Louis, Zayn, and Niall.

They came closer, and I shrunk back in my seat, desperately wishing I could run.

Their faces had a haunting glow due to the late afternoon (at least I thought it was late afternoon), and the four of them loomed over me, looking at me intently.

"What's going on? Where are we?" I asked.

"Well, I can't tell you that love." Liam answered.

"Why not?" I groaned.

"Because our location must remain a secret. Don't want to attract anyone such as cops or the like." Liam explained.

I glared at him.

"You didn't tape my mouth shut like they do in the spy movies. So, you know I could scream right now and get someone's attention from outside." I said.

Liam shoved his hands in his sweatshirt pocket and leaned close to my ear. I felt his warm breath on the side of my neck and I shuddered.

"If you even dare open that pretty little mouth of yours, I will rip your throat out with my teeth and leave you here in that chair to bleed out." It scared me how calmly he managed to answer that, and I clamped my mouth shut.

Liam stepped away from me, grinning.

"That's better." He said.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

Liam started circling around my chair, running his hand over the top of it, while the others stood there, all with their arms crossed, staring at me.

"Hmm, let's see...you're...how should I put this...bait." Liam said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my brain not fully functioning yet because of the drugs they shot into me.

"You are my bait to lure Harry Styles back to us. I mean, you are wrapped around his little finger, aren't you?"

I thought back to me and Harry's heated kiss, and felt my cheeks flush. I stayed silent and Liam smirked.

"That's what I thought. Anyways, I figured if we took you and pushed his buttons a little, he'd be convinced to join us again. Because he'd do anything for you, isn't that right, love?"