/24/

Harry

"Charlotte, I will find you. Liam, if you even lay a finger on her, I will kill you and your little entourage, if it's the last goddamn thing I do." I said, getting madder by the second.

"No promises." And before I could say another word, I heard the click of the phone on Liam's end being hung up.

"Damn it!" I said angrily, having the sudden urge to throw my phone onto the pavement and step on it. I looked at the bustling town around me, people walking quickly down the sidewalk or going into shops or driving past in their cars. I'd come all the way to the coffee shop and Charlotte wasn't there, and I knew right away that something was wrong.

Charlotte was somewhere with Liam and the others, and I had no idea where she was. She could be right down the street from me, or several states away from here, and I don't know how the hell I was gonna get to her, but I would do it. I had to do it. This is the one thing I didn't want to happen, and it happened.

Now my only main goal was to bring Charlotte back. That's all I wanted.

Charlotte

The second time I opened my eyes, I was hooked up to an IV and had a needle stuck in my forearm. Instead of clear fluids going into my body like it should be, blood was being taken from my veins and going into the plastic bag attached to the top of the IV.

I tried to move, but forgot I was still tied to the chair. I suddenly got dizzy, so I squeezed my eyes shut.

"How're you feeling, love?" I heard Liam ask me.

I snapped open my eyes and saw him staring at me.

"What are you doing to me?" I asked, my voice sounding far away and not like my own.

"We're slowly draining you of all your blood." Liam answered cheerfully.

"Why?" I asked.

"So Harry knows who's boss. If we get rid of you, he'll have no other choice but to join us again."

"And we get free blood!" Zayn piped in. I looked at him. This was the first time I've heard him talk.

"You don't have to do this." I said.

"Oh, but we do." Liam replied.

"No, you don't." I continued.

With his vampire speed, Liam rushed over to me and grabbed my chin with his hand, lifting my face up to his.

"The more you talk, the more I wanna snap your neck right now and be done with you. But I think slowly draining you of all your blood is much more fun." Liam said evilly.

"You're a monster." I said.

Just then, I felt a hand go across my cheek. The stinging, burning pain came after. Liam has slapped my face. I wanted desperately to reach out and hold a hand to my cheek, but I was tied up and currently being drained of blood.

Perfect.

                                   *

The minutes felt like hours and the hours felt like days. I don't know how long I've been sitting there with a needle in my arm, but I could feel the effects. I was staring to get dizzy, and my head began to hurt. My vision blurred in and out, and I was getting tired. But I couldn't fall asleep, because I knew I'd never wake up if I did.