Mr. Antipatiko: Chapter Forty

JANELLE

It's been a week since we haven't found any signs of Lexi. I am not used on seeing an empty chair where Lexi was suppose to sit down. Where are you Lexi? It's been two days since we haven't heard any news about Lexi's condition.

"Miss Lustre. Is anything wrong?" Professor asked. I shook my head as a response, saying that there was nothing.

He continued the discussion but I wasn't paying attention. It's like words just came out of his mouth then they try to get in to my mind but they can't even insert a single letter.

"She's been like that since they found out Lexi was missing." The girl seated behind me made a fuss.

"No wonder how she vanished? How come she was kidnapped inside the comfort room?" The other one gossiped. They didn't knew I heard everything what they have just said.

I didn't mind them and paid attention to the lectures. Later on, we had an assessment regarding the lessons that the professor had taught. Luckily, I passed even if I was not listening to the discussion.

"Some of you have failed the test; however three from the class have passed. I want you all to know, school is not a joke so study, or else I'll tell your coach about giving my class hours and letting my students jog for a thirty laps around the huge court... Goodbye!" Professor chuckled and left the room.

Everyone groaned, not agreeing to what our professor had said. They all scampered out from the classroom except me. I looked pale and sick like I haven't eaten for days.

"Why aren't you going to the cafeteria?" James asked, shoving his hand inside his pocket. I didn't say a word and just kept on staring at the floor. He quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me.

We both walked through the hallway. He suddenly grabbed my hand tighter. Everyone was looking at. They were giggling and giggling.

James has been my boyfriend for a week. Well everyone knew and it's been controversial in showbiz such as James Reid is dating the Heiress of Lustre Group of Companies, James dating Nadine, Jadine is for real? Some were saying I was just his rumored girlfriend. But we've been dating for a week already.

We were on our way to the cafeteria when we went to the other way. He suddenly stopped once we reached the school garden. "W-what are we doing here?" I nodded.

"Answer my question first. Why are you like that these days?" He suddenly asked. Tears started to form on. "L-lexi…" I wept.

He surprisingly buried me in his arms tight. I continued crying like it was never gonna end. "She's... g-gone." He hugged me tighter. It felt like he will never leaver me alone no matter what.

"We'll find her," he assured. I couldn't stop myself from crying. "What if... s-she's kidnapped...or w-what if... she's—" I cried but then his words seem to calm myself. Being with him was enough.

LEXI

My eyes widened once I realized my wrists were tied up. I tried to break the rope but it was unbreakable. A strange guy appeared from the darkness. "You're finally awake..." He said, crossing his arms.

"W-who are you?" I asked, giving him a death glare. He gave a loud laugh and bit his lips. "You don't even need to know," he replied confidently. The  tone of his voice made my heart beat faster than usual.

"What do you need from me?" I questioned him. He put his hand in his pockets and walked even closer to me. "Money!" He yelled and laughed.

"What do you think of me, a bank? I'm not that rich, you son of a b*tch!" I cursed. He suddenly shoved out a gun from his pocket and directred it unto me. "Good joke! You really are the heiress of Lustre GOC. Janelle, let's just—"

Janelle? All this time, they wanted to kindnap her instead of me. I laughed and taunted, "do you even know who you kidnapped by now?" He started to think about what I have just said.

"Stop fooling around. I know you're Janelle! So stop pretending you're not," he dropped his gun. "What if I tell you I'm not Janelle?" I asked and grinned.

He became confused. "What if you find out that you kidnapped the wrong one? What happens, huh? Will you set me free?" I continued.

"You dirty liar!" He was about to shoot me again. I just gave him a teasing laugh. "I'm not Janelle! You're mistaken. Why do you even want to kidnap her? You know you have to stop this," I confronted.

"No! No! No!" He hit my face with his gun. I silenced myself so that I won't be able to be hurt by him. He stayed quiet and later...

"Let's make a deal instead," he grinned.