Mr. Antipatiko: Chapter Twenty

As soon as I fixed my hair, I went out of the fitting room and showed up. "Sir, here it is." The saleslady called on James. He was checking on his phone. Then, I saw him staring at me.

"Is this fine, r*tard?" I asked. He just gave me a look and said, "Take that."

I automatically followed him to the counter. Once the cashier done with the receipt, I stopped James before he could give his money. I can pay for it anyway. I'm a rich kiddo.

"I'll pay," I boasted.

He looked down and laughed hard. I rose my right eyebrow and asked, "It's not that expensive. Lustre, remember?" I rolled my eyes.

"How? You didn't even bring money with you." If I have some in my pocket, will he shut up? He's annoying. I patted at my pocket and found out that I have no money. Now what?

"Hehe, I left—" I was not finished when he bursted in.

"Just what I assumed," he said. He gave five thousand seven hundred ninety-nine. I'm wearing heels right now so I'm having a hard time walking and catching up James.

"Wait a minute." He stood still and glanced once at me.

"Can I wear back my Converse?" I pleaded. He ignored me and walked.

*Backstage*

"I'm n-nervous. Can I back out?" I asked Xander.

"You can't, Nadine. Just go with the flow. Act like you're best friends or maybe more than that, hmmp?" Xander teased. I chuckled and lose my nervousness.

"We're on." A woman declared.

Xander and James stood up and walked. 'I can't do this.' I thought. "Come on, Nadine," Xander forced me so I stood and breathe in. 'I can do this.' I thought confidently.

"The time we all have been waiting for... Let's welcome James Reid and Nadine Lustre!"

"Waahhh!!"

"We love you James Reid!"

"Jadine! Jadine! Jadine!"

My heart beat faster when I heard people screaming as soon as we stepped on the stage. 'You can do this, Elle.' I thought. Breathe in. Breathe out. Calm down. Stand up. Be confident. No nervousness.

"Nadine, darling, welcome!" The host greeted and shook hands with me. Once he gave the mic to James, he went to the backstage and gave me a mic. "Speak. Say what you wanna say. Good luck!" Xander reminded backstage.

"Good afternoon, Jamesters!" James said with the mic. He looked at me like he was saying, 'Talk. Don't ruin this.'

"Good afternoon!" I said with the mic on and fake-smiled. "It's overwhelming to see all of you here for James's latest album. Thanks to Jamesters for supporting him!"

"And also, I want to thank Jadine fans for supporting us for this album where Nadine was featured," he said and winked at me. It's breathtaking— Oopps, stop this emotions, Elle.

"We would also like to thank the producers, the songwriters, editors and staffs, my manager, and... To Nadine. For accepting to be my featured artist in this album, for signing up in ABS-CBN Records, and thank you because you happened to be my partner," he looked at me while the crowd was screaming.

I fake-smiled. "Thanks, James."

"We're singing a song which is also in my album. So I hope you'll like it, here we go," he announced.

The music started to play and he was the first one to sing his part. I got to know the song. Hanap-hanap. It had to be James and Donnalyn, but I intruded.

"Ikaw pa rin pala ang hanap-hanap, pa ra pap,
At kahit magpanggap di matatago ang 'yong yakap
Hanap-hanap, pa ra pa pa pa," We both sang.

"Di magbabago, ikaw ang hanap-hanap ko." He made an eye to eye contact with me, smiled, and winked again. It's annoying but cute.

Everyone screamed when they saw that. All they screamed about was, "Kiss!" Do they really have to make us do that? We're not even friends nor a couple. I'll give them black eye. Joke! I can't do it to the fans.

I was waving at the crowd when I suddenly felt James's soft lips on my cheeks. I want to slap him on his face but I can't. I don't want to ruin this. I don't want to get embarrassed, neither got controversial in news channels nor got viral in media.

*After an hour *

"I need to go. Will you arrive here as fast as you could?" I said on the phone.

"You don't need your driver to fetch you. I can do it," James bursted in. I rolled my eyes and found out the call was ended. Ugh! My phone was low battery. I hate it when this happens every time I'm in an emergency.

"See, told you." Okay, I have no more choices. I'll go with James.

"Fine!"

"Say it with a pleasing voice," he smirked. What!? Pleasing? Do he want me to kneel in front of him and please.

"Can you take me home safely?" I fake-asked with a kind voice.