Mr. Antipatiko: Chapter Thirty Five

This is it. "First one, we have Ms. Lustre and Mr. Paras!" Teacher Kate announced and the both of us (Kobe) automatically stood infront of the class.

Kobe began to sing his part.

"Do you hear me, I'm talking to you
Across the water, across the deep blue ocean
Under the open skies, Oh my
Baby, I'm trying."

It was my turn.

"Boy, I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
Keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard

I'm lucky I'm in love with my bestfriend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooohh...

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for our love like this
Everytime we say goodbye
I wish we had a one more kiss
I'll wait for you
I promise you, I will." We both sang.

After singing the song, Teacher Kate instructed the both of us to sit down. She grabbed her pen and gave us a grade. "Good job!" She cheered and called another name. "Next up, Mr. Reid and Ms. Filomeno, please..."

James stood up grabbing a guitar. But everyone was confused once they saw he was the only one standing in front. There was no a sign of Ms. Filomeno.

"Okay, Ms. Filomeno is not here today so Mr. Reif, do your thing," she said.

He sat down on a chair and strum the guitar. When he started to sing, I got familiar with the song. The title was 'Not A Bad Thing.' When he got to the chorus, he looked at me as if he was saying something.

"Why are you blushing, Janelle?" Diego yelled.

"Janelle's blushing!" Red shouted back and everyone heard.

"She fell in love with James's voice, dudes!" Albie said.

Gossips came afterwards. I didn't heard what they were talking about but I can notice them.

*Class dismissed*

I was on my way out of the classroom when I heard James and his gang talking outside with Kobe. I hid behind the walls and heard everything.

"Great song choice out there, muh friend. You nailed it!" Diego.

"All those eye to eye contacts with Janelle with matching smiles, were awesome. Haha!" Red.

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my bestfriend~ Romantic!" Bailey and Albie.

"Thanks guys!" Kobe.

"You should do it again next time. But do it the more romantic so Teacher Kate will give you good grades for making her be glad... Haha!" Albie.

"James, you're not even saying a word," Diego said.

"Let's go! We're running out of time!" James growled and walked away.

"I smell jealousy," They all said.

He's jealous?

All of a sudden, my phone beeped.

From: Dad

I'll be out for a week.

I replied.

To: Dad

Okay, I can take care of
myself. I hope Mom will be
fine.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and continued walking all the way out of the campus. Along my way at the parking lot, I froze once I saw...

"You're mine!" She cried and wrapped her hands on his waist. She then looked at his eyes and claimed a kiss.

I was running away when I stumbled and my ankle was in pain. I tried to stand up and dash inside my car.

How come tears just began to fall down from my watery eyes? Why am I feeling this kind of pain? It's like my heart broke apart. I can't stop these feelings. It's like the world is so unfair to me...

*Home*

I slammed the door and someone came out behind the wall.

One of our maids.

"Ma'am, do you want me to prepare dinner for you?" She asked politely. I shook my head and went upstairs.

...

Once I reached my room, I locked its door and sat on the floor... I noticed tears starting to fall again. Why am I crying? There's no valid reason that makes me cry.

Why am I crying? Crying for a guy.

Crying for James.

"What's happening to me? W-why... UGH! F*cking—" Silence.

My phone suddenly broke the silence.

From: Lexi

Girl, where the heck
are you?

I ignored the text and shut my phone down. But it rang once again and decided to answer the call.

[Janelle? Hello? Where are you? I-I'm so worried... I thought.... Thought you cut classes or maybe... Maybe kidnapped! Now I'm overreacting, but please where are you?]

"Home."

[What!? What are you doing there? I command you to go back here now or else—]

"Else what? I'm not feeling okay right now."

[But you have to. Election for the School Council, remember?]

"Tell them, I'm not going."

[Janelle, please—]

"Bye." I ended the call and threw my phone on the floor. I didn't care if it was broken or something.

I covered my eyes with my arm and suddenly I fell asleep...