•22•

Nita

"And how are things with Kenya?"

"YaYa, she's doing good, back to her little busy self." I smiled. "but Keira been keeping a close eye on her tho."

"That's good and understandable and she and Aug, how are they?"

Sarah and I were in the kitchen chatting while I got lunch started. We been back in Atlanta about a week now and things been ok.

"Aug seems ok and he says that Keira is ok too but I don't know" I sighed.

After YaYa's incident, we stayed a bit longer in Cali to give Keira and Aug the support they needed. Thankfully my niece didn't have any more seizures and recovered well.

"You really think he won't tell anyone if she isn't ok?" She sipped her mimosa.

"I wouldn't put it past him because he himself is a private person and so is Keira." I sighed.

"Oh I understand."

"Yea. Aug said that she blamed herself for it happening while they were at the hospital."

"But why? Didn't the doctor explain why it happened?"

"She did, but she thinks its a delayed effect of her attack."

"Ohhh. Hmmm."

"Yep. I just hope she's ok. Keira is such a strong willed person, so to see her down is just so sad for us." I shook my head. "But she'll be fine and back to herself soon." I said as I dropped the pasta in the pot.

"Where Kevin's bird leg ass at?" She joked.

"You gonna stop messing with my husband." I laughed.

"Don't get between me and Kevin please!" She fanned me off.

"Whatever, but he's in his man cave playing game."

"Mhmm and y'all good right?"

"Yea, why you ask?"

"Because we sat here and spoke about everyone and not my best friend and her husband. So I just want to make sure y'all straight."

"We are."

"When y'all going to do the paternity test."

"Today." I sighed. "But.." I paused.

I hadn't told her about the first test I had done and I wasn't sure if I should. With Mike being the on who helped me, I knew he didn't tell her and I didn't want to cause any problems.

"But what?"

Sighing, I decided to tell her, she is my best friend any way.

"Ok I got something to tell and show you, but just don't get upset ok?"

"Ok." She said confused.

"I had a test done already."

Sara sat there looking at me with this blank stare.

"And Mike helped me do it."

"My Mike."

"Yea and before you get upset, I told him not to say anything to anyone."

"How and when did this happen? And I'm not mad, you did what you had to do and he was the only link." She shrugged.

"Ok." I let out a breath. "Well first off Kevin don't know. I was going to tell him when we had game night but you know how that ended."

"Mhmm."

"And well, when we were in England, I took Mike's number from his phone and texted him to meet me when we got to Cali. We met, I spoke to him, and then gave him Kev's hair brush and he got it done."