•16•

Kevin

"I can't wait to see you!"

"You that excites huh?"

"Yea Kevin, its been two weeks. I'm happy Aug's tour went great, but I'm ready to be back with my husband."

"Aight babe!" I laughed.

"How come you didn't face time me though?"

"I automatically went to my call log."

"Oh ok."

The truth was, I was in England already on my way to her but she didn't know. I was able to get onto an earlier flight so I decided on surprising her.

"You off tonight?"

"I'm off this whole weekend"

I could hear the happiness in her voice when she said that. I knew Nita missed me more than she said and it was the same with me too.

"Nice"

"Anyway babe, I'm bout to get into the shower."

"Ok babe. I love you."

"I love you too Kev."

Ending the call, I stared at my wallpaper till the screen went blank. This last week of Aug's tour was stressing.

The frustration of not telling my wife about this situation was getting to me and I almost let it fuck with my work. I knew I couldn't keep this from her longer but at the same time I didn't want to tell her over the phone.

Mike informed me that Derek was in fact not Ashley's daughter father. He had sent out word that he was trying to get in contact with him and when he finally surfaced, they spoke.

Apparently he was legit taking care of Ashley and Aubrey till Aubrey was three. He had taken her to a routine doctor's appointment and during it he asked for a paternity test. He said he had his suspicions but Ashley was so manipulative that he had to wait on his time to know for sure.

When he got the results back, he said he didn't say shit. He instead just dropped the papers on the table when she came home and told her he was out. Now it is a possibility that the little girl is mines.

"Here we are sir!"

Shaken out of my thoughts, I looked out the window at the apartment structure we had pulled up at. Shit looked good, I must admit.

"Thanks man" I nodded as I got out and got my bag from him.

After giving him a tip, I headed in and went to the front desk.

"Hello good day,how may I help you?"

"Hi, my wife left a key for me to collect when I got in."

"Alright." She said as she opened the desk drawer. "I would need your name and identification."

"No problem." I nodded as I got ma passport out. "Kevin Cox." I smiled handing it to her.

"Oh Mrs. Anita's husband." She smiled. "Yes we've been expecting you."

"Oh ok." I nodded as I took back my passport and the key.

"Robert would take your bags, as you join your wife on the tenth floor."

"Damn so high up. How many floors y'all got?" I joked.

"Just ten" she laughed. "Well that our penthouse apartment."

"Oh, aight. Well thanks..." I paused.

"Chanise." She smiled.

"Thanks Chanise." I nodded and walked off.