•12•

"Just wanted to say hi so... Hi👋"

Now got read, comment and vote!!!

Keira

"Where is she?"

"Good morning to you too Keira. And she is still asleep, given the fact that it is after six in the morning."

"Yea well I'm just here to get her."

"Get ha and go where?"

"Back to my hotel room August, where else?"

We stood on the front porch going back and forth because he wasn't going to let her leave and I definitely wasn't staying.

I know what I did, I shouldn't have and honestly I was just helping out a friend, but he didn't have to insult me the way he did. I understood he was upset and I don't blame him but to call me names and then take my child was the last draw.

"Keira we need ta talk bout all of this, just come in so we can talk."

"There isn't anything to talk about August." I stopped him. "You've made it clear how you feel and I'm not going to continue making you feel that way."

"Yeah but Keira you know that was some dumb shit you did. How could you not expect me to be mad."

"I know what I did, I shouldn't have, and I accept the fact that you were mad but you not only called me out my name like three times, you said I didn't deserve to be a mother. I would never tell you something like that no matter how mad I am with you."

"I know and I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"Yes you did mean to say it otherwise you wouldn't have." I cut him off. "I've told you about how you speak to me and that right there showed me, you don't consider my feelings."

"Your feelings Keira!" He exclaimed. "So what about me, what about our daughta?"

"August you never once gave me a chance to speak or explain to you and all the while you were blowing up on me, I kept my calm because I knew you had all right to be mad, but hearing you say what you said, it came across that you hold some form of resentment for me because of what happened two years ago and I honestly don't want you to resent me for anything."

"So what you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, I'm not going to be the reason you put your life on pause any longer."

"Keira?"

"No, just listen. I've been more than a handful to you and now I won't be that burden to you anymore. When it comes to Kenya, you can come and go as you please, but with regards to us." I shook my head fighting my tears. "We probably need this break."

"No!" He grabbed my shoulders.

"I'm sorry." I shook his hands off me. "Look, I'll be by Kevin, when she wakes up, you can drop her off or message me to come get her." I quickly wiped my eyes and walked off.

I didn't want to have to do that, but it was clear that I had been enough of a set back for him and I didn't want to be that anymore.

Opening the taxi door, soon as I put my leg in, I was pulled back out.

"You can be mad at me, you can not speak ta me, but I'll be damned if ya come up hea and end this relationship without us properly speaking." He looked at me.