Chapter 28

Tony

"C'mon baby, keep your eyes open." I say. She looks up at me, the blood pouring from different parts of her face. There's blood everywhere; on my hands, my clothes.

"I want to sleep, Tony." She whispers as tears form in her eyes.

"Not right now, okay? Just stay awake. Please." I say. I know I sound desperate, but I don't care.

They wheel her in the emergency room, and I see stares.

"Move it, people!!!" The nurse yells, grabbing her stretcher. I follow behind, even though I know you're not allowed to.

"Take her in." The nurse says to the doctor. I follow behind, and I'm sure they don't even care about me. They care about Keyona.

"She needs surgery. Get her ready." The doctor says quickly. Surgery?!

"Surgery?" I ask. The doctor nods, and I gulp down the fact that she'll be on anesthesia. He puts on gloves, and gets the table ready.

"DOCTOR!!!" One of the nurses yells. I see her standing over Keyona. The doctor and I run over there at the same time, looking at Keyona.

"Her heart stopped, doctor." She says. He sighs, but grabs the stretcher and runs to another room.

I can't comprehend this. Her heart stopped? What do they mean her heart stopped? Reality hits me like a truck, and I run to the room he disappeared into. I see her on a table, trying to be brought back to life. I see her lifeless body on the table, and I lose it.

"KEYONA!!!!!!! KEYONA WAKE UP. PLEASE!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH!!!! KEYONA!!!!" I scream over and over. One of the nurses grab me and lead me away from the scene.

"Go wait out there, kid." The nurse says sweetly. I shrug her off.

"I don't want to. I want to wait for Keyona." I say, trying to turn back around.

"You obviously can't take this emotionally. We can't have you screaming back there. The doctors need to work."

She leads me to the waiting room. I see Vic burst through the door, and the rest of the band follows.

"Where, is she?" Vic asks breathlessly. I put all my hatred for him aside.

Because we both loved her.