Chapter 16

Vic

"Keyona says she loves you." Tony says, looking at his phone.

"Wait, so she texted you, but not me? Fucking great." I say.

"We were texting, and she told me to relay a message. Don't get all bitchy, Vic." Tony says. I flip him off, and I lay on my bed.

"What's your damn problem?!" Tony asks, his voice getting louder.

"I just think it's fucking fantastic that my girlfriend'll text you, but she hasn't even called me yet." I say maliciously.

"Well, maybe if you weren't drinking like an idiot, then she might actually dial your damn number." He says to me, walking out.

So that's why? Because I'm drinking now, she's not gonna talk to me? But she'll talk to fucking Tony. I hit the pillow, anger filling my heart.

"I can see why she's upset, Vic." Mike says from the side.

"I get it, okay." I snap at him, burying my face even deeper in the pillow.

Keyona

I want to call him, but I can't. I guess I feel funny knowing that he's drinking. I grab my phone again, texting out a message, but it doesn't seem right, and everytime I try to call him, I quickly hang up, feeling weird. Someone knocks on my door, and I eagerly get up, wanting to get away from my phone.

"Hey mom." I say, smiling as my mom plops down on my couch.

"Hey honey. How's my girl doing?" She asks. I blush.

"I'm good." I lie, even though I'm way too confused to figure out my feelings, anyway.

"I just wanted to come by, and make sure you're okay." She says to me. I smile at her, and she lays back.

"So, I've been on twitter recently, and I  saw some things." She says. I groan, because my mom should not be on twitter.

"Okay." I say, waiting for her to tell me.

"I saw some guy named Vic. Vic Fuentes. He's in some type of band or something. Yeah, he posted a picture of you. But it surely couldn't be you, right? I mean, last time I checked, you were single." She says sweetly. Shit, this is bad.

"Yeah, I'm dating him." I say, looking down. She touches my hand.

"Dear, you know how I feel about those type of guys." She says, like Vic's scum or something.

"Well, I love him." I say. She cringes at the word love, but I don't care.

"You know how those band people are. All they want to do is get in your pants." She says quickly. My mouth drops. She did not just say that.

"Mom, Vic loves me!" I yell.

"Don't yell at me, young lady." My mom says harshly.

"I'm a grown woman. I can make my own goddamn descions!" I say, not giving a shit that I just cussed in front of my own mother.

"I DID NOT TEACH YOU TO HAVE SUCH A FILTHY MOUTH!" She yells at me. She stands up, and I know this is going to turn ugly.

"We'll you're acting like you run me, when you don't!"

"I just want what's best for you!"

"No you don't! I love Vic, and Vic loves me, and you can't handle that, so you want me to break up with him!"

"Alright, tell me this. Are you still a freaking virgin, Keyona Paddock?!"

I don't say anything, and she laughs.

"I knew it. Dear, did you really think he loves you?! He wants you for your body, and that's it!"

I can't rebuttal this, and I start to cry.

"Vic LOVES ME, MOM!" I yell at her. It's weak, and I know I sound shitty. She turns on her heel, and she says, rudely,

"Don't come running to me when he decides to move on to the other hot pieces of ass on tour."

She leaves out the door, slamming it behind her. I fall to my knees, and cry, letting the tears hit the floor.