Chapter 22

Keyona

I lay on the floor, crying. The razor's two feet from me, and I try to reach for it, but I can't, my arm hurts so bad. I've cut myself about five times now. I would forget about Vic and him dumping me for a few minutes, but then it would come back, and soon I would have to cut myself again to shake off the feeling.

My phone's been ringing nonstop since six o'clock this morning. Most of them were calls from Vic and Tony. But I don't want to talk to either one of them. At all. I grab for the razor again, but my arm won't let me, and I sit there, like an idiot, reaching for something. I try to get up and reach for it, but I just collapse back on the floor, closing my eyes.

My eyes open as the ringing continues. I grab it, and it's a text from Tony.

Please answer me, Keyona......

I reply, my fingers and my whole arm numb.

Hey......

He answers in about five seconds flat.

OH MY GOD, KEYONA! DONT FUCKING DO THAT TO ME! IVE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU, OH MY GOD!!!

I was doing something.

Like what?

You're gonna be mad.

SHOW ME, KEYONA. I'm your best friend, you can show me anything.

Yeah, but you like me, too.

So.... JUST SHOW ME!!

I sigh and take a picture of my arm. I hesitate whether to send it or not, but I think about Vic, and I press the send button, letting the tears fall down my already blotchy face.