Chapter 14

Vic

I couldn't take it; I had to drink. Our flight landed us in Vegas. Good, I can drink it up, I think as Jaimie and Tony grab their bags.

"Vegas. Vegas is the place to be!" Jaime yells like an idiot. The rest of them laugh except me. Tony gives me a weird look. When we get inside the hotel, I drop down my stuff and make a beeline for the door, ready to drink my problems away. When I hit the threshold, Tony steps in front of me.

"Where are you going?" He asks like he's my father.

"None of your business." I spit venomously.

He gives me a hard glance before letting me leave. I check out of the hotel, and I'm on my way. I just need a good, local bar. Nothing too snazzy, just somewhere I can relax, and try not to think about Keyona finding someone else. I see a huge bar with barred windows, and I hurry in.

"You guys got vodka?" I ask as I approach the counter.

"Yep, coming up." The bartender says to me. I smile, even though I feel like shit. When he hands me the glass, I chug it down, not caring about the alcohol burning in my throat. I push my cup at him, and soon, I'm drinking so much, I can't even see.
I throw him some money, and I stumble out, not even aware of anything.

"Vic, what the fuck?!" Mike yells at me. I stumble to where I hear his voice, and he grabs my arm.

"Why the fuck are you drinking like there's no tomorrow when we have a show?" He asks harshly. I shrug my shoulders, and he helps me walk home.

When we get back to our suite, I lay on my bed. Mike and I are sharing a room, and Tony and Jaime are sharing one, too. He closes and locks the door.

"Vic, what the hell?" He huffs from behind clenched teeth. I don't listen to him, and I lay on my bed, burying my face in a pillow.

"Don't go back to that phase, Vic." He says.

"I'm not!" I yell.

"Yes you fucking are! When Cara cheated on you, you basically drank yourself to death!" He yells back at me. I scowl at him and flip him off, trying to go to sleep.

"Don't go back to that phase, Vic."

"Why? I'm the older one, you should start listening to me!"

"Look, just don't! Do it for me, the band, and her." He whispers the last part, and I fall asleep, wanting to get away from his last comment.