Christmas Eve

" Here, open this one." Katniss handed the pink wrapped present to Primrose. Katniss had promised that Jace and Primrose each would be able to open up one gift on Christmas Eve.

Primrose slowly and carefully opened the pink wrapped box.

" Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!" Primrose lifted the mirror and looked inside of it. " What kind of flower is it?"

Peeta came a little closer to Primrose and pointed at the flower at the bottom of the mirror. " It's a primrose," Peeta told her. She glanced at Peeta and Katniss and hugged them both individually.

" Thanks, mom and dad."

" You're welcome, Primrose." Katniss said in a soft voice.

" Hey, Jace, why don't you open this one?" Peeta grabbed the bright yellow box and handed it to Jace. He opened it somewhat carefully, but you could tell he was eager just by the way he opened it.

" Cool! I love it! Thanks so much!" Jace hugged Katniss and Peeta at the same time. It was a turtle figure. Turtles were Jace's favorite animal.

" Okay, you two," Katniss stood up. She went over to the DVD player. " What Christmas movie do you wanna watch?"

" The Christmas Story!" Both Jace and Primrose said at the same time.

" Hmmm... I'll pick The Christmas Story." Peeta had a small laugh. Katniss picked up the Christmas story movie and popped it into the DVD player.

Katniss went and sat down in between the end of the couch and Peeta.. Peeta put his arm around Katniss, and Katniss rested her head on his shoulder.

About 30 minutes into the movie, both Jace and Primrose were fast asleep.

Katniss looked up at Peeta. " Primrose is 12. Do you think they'll start it again?"

Peeta looked down at Katniss. " Of course not. They have new rules and everything, I highly doubt that after what happened years ago, they will come back."

" Yeah, but they might. Anyone could've mentioned it. Someone could've thought it was a good idea to start it again, and start fresh." Katniss explained. She was worried. She couldn't risk losing either of her children to The Hunger Games.

" Hey, relax. It's Christmas Eve. Just enjoy it while you can," Peeta said, rubbing Katniss's arm. Katniss eventually closed her eyes. Peeta did too.