chapter twenty-five (P2)

Blakelyn's POV:

"Aren't these adorable?" I asked Tori as I showed her the onesies I got the twins. They were both white with a firetruck on it and a black number one. "They're adorable!" She squealed and sat on the edge of my bed. The twins were wearing a pair of swim diapers and a little sunhat. I put sunscreen on them as Tori grabbed Christian. My door quickly opened and I looked to see Ryan running it. "Hey buddy." I smiled. "Did your friend come?" I asked him and he nodded before walking over to me. He was wearing a pair of gray swim trunks with whales on them and the matching red rashguard. "Is Harry outside?" I asked him and he nodded. "He's downstairs with Josh and Jacob." He said. "Can you get him?" I asked before he ran downstairs. A few minutes later, Harry walked upstairs. "Hey babe." He smiled before picking up Trevor. "Are all the water things set up?" I asked him and he nodded. "Thanks." I smiled before pecking his lips and standing up. I grabbed a towel and the bottle of sunscreen before walking downstairs.

"Cool water." I said to the twins as I sat them down in the kiddie pool. Trevor splashed in the water, making me smile. I took a picture of them and posted it on Snapchat with the caption

Happy 1st birthday to my babies😘

I ran my fingers through my hair as I watched them play. "Are they having fun?" I heard Harry ask as he sat beside me. "Looks like it." I smiled as they continued to crawl around in the water. He smiled too and lightly kissed my cheek. "I can't believe they're one. It doesn't feel like a year ago that they were born." "I know. Time has flown by. Soon they're going to be walking and talking." I smiled. He smiled too and nodded. "You're going to be a senior this year." I looked at Harry. He nodded. "I know. It's so crazy." He ran his fingers through his hair. "My baby's going to graduate." I wiped away a fake tear and he chuckled. "What grade is Ryan going to be in?" He asked me. "K-4. His birthday is soon too. My other baby's going to be four." I pouted. He smiled and lightly pecked my lips. "Everyone around you is growing up." He said and I sighed, nodding.

"Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang as Ryan helped me blow out the candles on top of the twins' cupcake tower. "Thanks buddy." I smiled as we put the smash cakes in front of the tower for pictures. The twins were each getting a large vanilla cupcake with white icing and covered in red sprinkles. "Ready?" I smiled at Harry as he picked up the one for Christian. "As ready as you are." He smiled as we put them in front of the twins. They both looked at it in confusion before Trevor stuck his finger in the icing. "There you go." I smiled as he put his finger in his mouth. I took a picture of the twins before Harry gave me a cupcake. "Thanks." I smiled and bit into it. It was a vanilla cupcake with red icing. I walked over to Tori and sat down beside her. "Are you enjoying your cupcake?" I asked Ryan and he nodded excitedly. "You need to help my give your friends the gift bags." He nodded and sipped from his juice. Tori laughed and I looked at her. "What?" I smiled. "Look at the babies." She pointed. I looked up to see them with icing all over them and the cake was all gone. "Well I know who's getting a bath tonight." I smiled.

I drained the tub as Ryan stood up. I grabbed his towel and wrapped it around him. "Go to mom." I said to him before he ran away. I grabbed two towels and wrapped them around the twins before taking them to my room. I closed my door and laid them on the floor over their towels. I put on their diapers and some lotion. I put a pair of dark blue footie pajamas with dinosaurs on the both of them before brushing their hair. "Did you have a good birthday?" I asked them as they cooed. I smiled and picked them up before taking them to their room. I sat down in the rocking chair and sat them on my lap. They both leaned against me as I read Goodnight Moon. When I finished the book, they were both sleeping. I smiled and put them in their cribs before watching them gently fall asleep.

A/N: just wanted to leave you guys with an adorable picture of twin boys at their cake smash photos :)