Chapter 17

"Waaake up, birthday girl!" October yelled in my ear.

I frowned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I stretched and just laid there. She hit me with a pillow, "Come on. We're picking up the boys tonight from the airport." I said nothing, just laid there. October sat on the bed and said, "What?"

"I'm twenty three today," I said.

She said, "Yeah. That's still the beginning of your damn life."

I scoffed, "Beginning? I've done everything that could've been done by the time I was thirty. I got married and had a child."

She rolled her eyes. "But you're still in your early twenties!"

I smirked and sat up. I said, "What time is it?"

"Um, it's 9, but I wanted to wake you up now, since we need to have breakfast, go have lunch with Sammi later, then we need to come back and look good for the guys when we pick them up."

I nodded. "Ah."

She nodded and said, "What time does Carolyn normally wake up?"

"Ten. Why?"

"Just making sure."

"Alright, well I'm going to go change," I said.

"Alright." Then she left the room. I walked to my closet, looked through everything, and finally pulled out a red, long-sleeved, babydoll dress with black stripes on it and black leggings. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, washed my face, and walked to Carolyn's bedroom. She was awake, standing up in her crib and jumping around. I laughed and picked her up out of her crib. I said, "Good morning Carol!"

"Morning mommy! Uh, apple  juice uh animals uh toys uh candy."

"Apple juice and candy?"

"Yeah."

"No silly girl, that's not breakfast."

"I wan' watch Toy Story," she said.

I repeated, "Toy Story?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. First we have to change you." I put her on her changing table, changed her diaper, got her into her white tank top and a pink and purple tutu, then put her down on the ground. I took her hamper to the laundry room with mine and October's clothes, started up the laundry, and went  back down the hall, and Carolyn came out of her room and down the hall.

Once I turned on my phone, it was blowing up with tweets, facebook notifications, texts, missed calls, and voicemails. I let it keep ringing until it stopped. I responded to some tweets, all texts, facebook posts, and Tumblr 'asks'. I tweeted: Thanks for the birthday wishes. <3 I can't wait to see my love tonight. Eee! :)

 I ran up behind Carolyn, picked her up, and pretended she was a rocket ship. Then I sat her on the couch. Carolyn was laughing as I put on Toy Story for her. I gave her what she wanted, apple juice and grapes and bananas. She sat there and watched the  movie. I walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter next to October. She said, "Why are you wearing that?"

I shrugged, "I dunno."

"It's f*cking hot outside! Go change," she said, shooing me out of the room. I frowned, laughed, and went back to my room. After looking through my dresser, I got out a pair of shorts and a gray cropped shirt with a tribal print on it. I put on a light brown belt and went back out. I said to October, "Better?"

She nodded and smiled. I gave a thumbs up and smiled. She said, "I  made you cinnamon rolls for breakfast."

I clapped and jumped. "Yay! Thank you!" I grabbed a plate, put a few on it, then sat down at the table and started eating. I grabbed the clear-lens ray-bans off of the counter and put them on. I said, "So when are we meeting Sammi?"