[23] Protected Love

[23] Protected Love

Raye

On Sunday I rode back home with Corey and we made it back home to Miami around 1pm. We left Gainesville around 7am but we ended up stopping to get something to eat for breakfast. Being stuck in the car with my boyfriend for almost 5 hrs allowed for us to get closer and talk more. When I made it home I went straight to bed and slept for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't wake up until Raegan made home around 7 in the evening and she came and got in bed with me.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked when she didn't make any attempt to close her eyes and fall asleep.

She shook her head. "Liam drove and I slept the whole way back."

"Did I miss anything?"

Raegan shook her head. "Nope. You didn't miss anything."

From the way she was biting her lip I knew that she was lying. I wasn't going to force her to tell me, I was used to her and Reese keeping some secrets from me because I was the baby. Sometimes I wished I was a little older because they treated age gap between us like it was 10 years instead of the 3-4 years that it really was.

"Daddy wants to talk to us. He told me to come up and get you."

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed, stretching my arms. "I wonder what's going on?" I said as I started walking to my door. Raegan followed behind me.

"I don't know but don't say anything about me getting drunk and if he asks, we shared a room and Liam and Corey slept in the spare bedrooms.

I stopped Raegan from talking. "Raegan I'm not going to say anything, I've been covering for you and Reese since I've was 12. I know how to lie to daddy." I said to ease her mind.

Raegan and I found our dad in the dining room but he wasn't alone. My mom was there with him along with my dad's friend James Soloman. I heard Raegan suck her teeth and grunt when she came into the room. I noticed that she didn't like the man. I went and gave my parents kisses on the cheek and sat down in a chair next to my mother. My father was seated at the head of the table and my mother was to his left. James was sitting opposite of my mom. "Hi Mr. Soloman." I said politely.

"Hello Raye." He replied with a smile.

Raegan was still standing at the entrance with a frown on her face. After sending a dirty look towards James she came towards the table. "Hello daddy and mommy." Raegan said kissing them both. She didn't say hello to Mr. Soloman.

Rosa came out and brought us something to eat. "What's going on daddy?" I asked after eating a little bit of the coleslaw.

"How was your trip girls?"

"It was good." I answered.

"Yeah we had fun." Raegan added.

After eating a little more my dad started to talk. "James here believes that our families are at risk. Someone has been following him and he thinks that they've also have been trying to break into his house. Since our families are tied together I think we're going to be setting up some bodyguards to protect the two of you."

Someone to protect us? When Reese was attacked he had considered doing it but we convinced him not to. Besides since then nothing has happened to either one of us. People knew us and that we were wealthy but there was plenty of wealthy families in Miami. I was going to say something but Raegan beat me to it.

"Daddy no one has attempted anything to hurt us. Maybe they're just after James and his family." She said starring at Mr. Soloman. I'm pretty sure she had a smile on her face.