[11] Surrounded in Love

[12] Surrounded in Love

Raye

"How is your sister doing?"

I looked up from picking at my french fries when Corey asked me that question. We were out to dinner at TGIF Fridays. It's been a week since Reese has been in the hospital and nothing has changed. She was still in her coma.

"She's still the same. It's weird to see her like that. She looks like she's just sleeping but she can't talk or anything."

"I'm sorry Raye."

I shrugged my shoulders. "We can't do anything to change what happened. We're just hoping that she gets better."

My whole family had come down to see Reese. All of my uncles, cousins and my grandparents came. It was nice to see our house so crowded but sad that it took an event like this for them to come back together.

Since what happened to Reese, my dad has become very over protective. Raegan and I weren't allowed to go anywhere alone and we could only go to designated places. For example I my days consisted on going to school, therapy and then the hospital and home. I was happy when Corey was there to pick me up from therapy because I hadn't seen him since the party. I had convinced Raegan to let him come get me. We talked and texted on the phone but it was nice to see his face in person.

"I know you're going through a lot but I wanted to know if you could be my Valentine. It's in a couple of weeks and I want to take you out on another date."

I smiled. I've never had a valentine before. Usually my dad ended up buying my teddy bears and chocolate. I wanted to jump up and screamed but I kept it cool and answered. "Yeah I'll be your Valentine but we have one problem."

"What's that?" He asked.

"I want you to meet my dad."

Corey started coughing nervously; he took a drink of his water and eventually calmed down. "You want me to meet your dad? Why?"

"He's overprotective, especially now. He's not going to let me out on a date on Valentine's day without meeting you. I'm surprised he's not here now lurking."

"That's because he thinks you're with your sister."

"True, but I want to start spending more time with you and I want you to come over to my house and hang out with me."

Corey smiled, it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen. "You must really like me."

"Nope I just think you're cute." I said returning his smile..

*

Corey drove me to the hospital and gave me a kiss at the entrance. I liked his kisses and I wanted more. Getting another peck I got out of his SUV and started walking into the building when I heard my name.

"I know that wasn't my little cousin kissing a boy?" I heard my cousin RJ (Raymond Jr) say.

"If uncle Reese knew she was kissing boys she would be in some trouble." His twin brother Vincent added.

I shook my head. The boys were 24 yrs old but they acted like teenagers still. Both owned a construction business in North FL. When they weren't building houses and offices, they were busy building their reputations as players. They were my uncle Raymond's and aunt Selena's boys. Growing up they caused so much havoc.

"You wouldn't dare because I remember when I used to visit during the summer that a lot of girls would sneak in and out of your bedroom windows. At 8 I didn't know what was going on but I know now they weren't coming over to "play doctor." I said watching both of their faces drop. "And I specifically remember one woman coming over quite often, wasn't she one of Aunt Selena's friends?"

RJ and Vincent didn't have a thing to say.

"You know what Vincent; I don't think we saw Raye kissing a boy." RJ said.

"I think you're right, I didn't see anything." Vincent agreed.

I laughed and walked in with both boys by my side.

*

Inside of Reese's room was RJ's and Vincent's parents Selena and Raymond and Raegan. We were all taking shifts making sure Reese was never alone. The one person that spent the most time at the hospital was my sister Raegan, she never left until someone forced her.

She was sitting in a chair beside Reese now sleeping with her head on the bed.

"Hi Uncle Ray."

"Hey niece Raye." He returned giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek. I then did the same with my aunt Selena.

I went and kissed Reese on the cheek. The injury on her head was healing and she looked overall better. I just wished she woke up. I went and sat down exhausted from going to school and therapy. I was ready to get into bed. My dad had Reese moved into a private suite that had a private sitting room attached which is what we needed for my large family.

"So how long are guys staying?" I asked. They had just arrived this morning. My uncle Miles and his husband Drew had to return to San Francisco for work. My grandparents were still here and were staying with us at the house.

"Were staying until for the weekend." My uncle answered. "I wish we could stay longer but we can't miss work."

"I understand. Well I'm glad you guys are here. I missed you all and we usually only see each other during the holidays."

"Are you trying to get rid of us already?" Vincent said.

"No of course not, I was just wondering."

We all sat around and talked about Random things. At 9, my mom and dad came to stay with Reese. I woke Raegan up so that we could head home. My uncle Raymond and his family followed behind us.

*

Raegan

I woke up in the middle of the night not able to sleep again. I was starting to feel guilty about what happened to Reese. If only I had said something before, then maybe none of this would have happened. I slipped out of bed with Raye and went to take a quick shower. I was sharing a room with her because my cousins were in my room.

It was only 6am but I hopped in my car and drove back to the hospital, I didn't have to worry about going to school today because it was Saturday. Honestly during the past week I really didn't care and skipped most days. I would drop Raye off and be there to pick her up. My parents hadn't said anything about me missing school as long as I made up all of my work. I didn't know where Liam I stood. We talked occasionally but it was all awkward and shit. I just wanted to be with him and be able to hold and kiss him but he didn't want to get back together unless I could be completely committed. I missed him like crazy.

My parents were packing their stuff when I arrived. "We figured you would get here soon." My mom said kissing me on the forehead. "We're going to go home and shower and be back in a couple of hours. Call if anything happens."

"Okay."

When they left, I pulled up my chair and folded my arms on the bed laying my head there. Then I started talking. The Doctor said that Reese could hear us so whenever I was alone with her I talked about any and everything. I even started reading from magazines if I ran out of stuff to talk about.

"Reesey everyone says hello, Kenyon said that he's going to take you out when you get better. He said your ass is too fine to be in a coma." I laughed.

"Everyone is waiting for you to open your brown eyes Reese; I need for you to wake up. It's been a week Reese

and I miss you."

When I didn't get a response, I kept talking. "Liam broke up with me. He doesn't think I trust him Reesey. I do trust him and I realized that after losing him that I'm in love with him but I think I messed up too bad and he's done with me."

"Liam isn't an idiot, there's no way he's done with you."

"You didn't see the way he looked at me Reese." I answered without thinking. After a second I realized that my sister had just spoken to me, her voice was very soft and hoarse but it was Reese's. I looked up and saw that she was awake.

Thank God.