[5] Love Hurts

[5] Love Hurts

Raegan

"Where's your sister?"

Raegan was in the middle of putting some pasta in her mouth when her dad asked where her sister was. They were all eating dinner. Everyone was present besides Reese. Usually she would say that Reese was out studying or with some friends but she was mad at her sister for spreading those rumors so she decided to tell the truth. Before Raye could say anything she responded.

"I don't know daddy and I think she left school early today."

"Raye is that true?" Mena asked.

Raye didn't know what to say. She didn't want to betray Reese so she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know. I'm not in the same area as Reese at school. The freshman and sophomores are in a different building from the juniors in seniors." That much was true.

"Well when she gets home we'll have a talk with her." Their dad said to no one in particular. "I wanted you all to know that we're hosting a small party for the Solomans."

"Why?" Raegan said immediately with in attitude. She didn't want that man near her house.

"Well they're pregnant with their first child and your mom and I are going to throw them a party to congratulate them. They want us to be the God Parents, maybe I'll get a God Son. Since your mom wont give me one." Her dad said with a smile.

"You're right about that." Her mom laughed. "The party is next weekend girls." She added.

Are you serious? Raegan instantly thought. She didn't want to be here to celebrate anything to do with James Soloman.

"Oh shoot!" She exclaimed. "We can't make it daddy. Liam invited us to a party at his house." She said coming up with something quick.

"Well maybe you girls can stay for the beginning and then head over to Liams?" Her mom suggested.

"No can do mommy, Raye and I are helping him set up." She said coming up with another excuse.

Their parents looked at one another. They had a way of communicating silently without saying a word. No matter what the final judgment always came down to her dad.

"That's fine. Just watch out for Raye, she just a baby and this is her first high school party."

That got Raye's attention. "Hey! I'm not a baby and this isn't my first party."

"Your birthday parties don't count." Their father chuckled, causing everyone else to laugh besides Raye who was sulking. She didn't find it funny.

*

Raegan was studying when she heard someone banging on her door. Taking her time she got up to see a not so happy sister standing there.

"What did you tell them?" Reese yelled walking into her room.

"What do you mean?" Raegan asked innocently.

"Don't play stupid with me Raegan. I have never come home to mommy and daddy waiting on me. Now thanks to you I can't drive my car, use my phone or my credit cards."

Raegan didn't really care, her sister better be glad that she didn't tell her parents about James.

"I thought you had my back and this is what you do?" She continued. "Why Raegan?"

"Isn't it obvious?" She answered. "I care about you and if getting you into trouble is going to stop you from being with him then I'll do it. But I'm telling you right now that if you don't stop seeing him then I'm going to tell dad Reese." Raegan declared. She didn't want to hurt her sister but Reese needed to understand that what she was doing was wrong and James doesn't love her.

"It's not that simple Raegan. You wouldn't understand."

"I'm glad that I don't understand. If what you have with him is love than I don't want it. I rather stay exactly where I am with Liam. Your type of love hurts and it's embarrassing and It's disgusting."

"He loves me Raegan and we'll be together once I finish school. He doesn't care for his wife."

Raegan looked at her sister like she was crazy. That man was playing her and she didn't even know it. "She's pregnant Reese, dad told us today at dinner. James is fucking you and his wife at the same damn time. I watched him wipe your lipstick off his lips and then go kiss his wife for New Years. I guaranty that each night that after he has sex with you he goes home and has sex with his wife. He doesn't love you Reese, he's using you."

Raegan stopped talking waiting for Reese to reply but she never did. She just stood there frozen. Her sister always had a comeback do something had to be wrong.

"Are you okay Reese?"

*

Reese

Reese stopped listening to Raegan yelling at her as soon as she said that James's wife was pregnant.

She's pregnant? That wasn't possible. James had told her that he hadn't had sex with his wife in months and that he wasn't attracted to her in that way. Reese's mind immediately became cluttered with things that James had said to her. Was everything a lie?

"I love you Camille."

"My wife and I have a fake relationship."

"We'll be together once you turn 18."

"After you graduate from high school we'll be together."

"I'm not ready for kids."

That last thing was said to her 4 months ago when she found out that she was pregnant. James then proceeded to give her the $500 for an abortion telling her that it was for the best. Reese didn't want to do it but did it to make James happy and now his wife is pregnant.

She had given this man so much of herself and she was just now realizing that he didn't reciprocate that love. She then made the decision that she was done with James. Raegan was right, love wasn't supposed to make a person feel this way.

"Are you okay Reese?" She heard her sister ask.

Before she could stop them the tears started falling down her face. She felt like an idiot, she was an idiot.

"It's going to be okay Reesey." Raegan said referring to what they called her as a kid. "I'm here for you."

She didn't fight Raegan when she wrapped her arms around her.

*

Reagan and Reese stayed up watching tv not talking. Raegan knew that Reese would talk to her when she was ready.

She fell asleep in same bed with Raegan the same way they did as kids growing up. In the middle of the night Raye came and joined them and all three Washington girls snuggled in Raegan's queen size bed.

*

AN: I know you're all tired of the whole James and Reese drama. She just had a rude awakening and made the decision to end it but James isn't gonna let her go easily so expect more drama in the future.

Next part will mainly focus more on Raye and little of Reese and Raegan.

Thanks for the love and don't forget to tell me what you think. LB86