[4] Vindictive Love

[4]

Raye

"So who are you riding with?"

Raye looked at Reese and then at Raegan and realized that the question meant more than just who she was riding with, it meant picking sides between the two of them. Usually they all rode together to school in Reese Range Rover but Raegan was standing beside her Mercedes holding the keys.

For the past couple of days they hadn't been talking. Raye didn't know why and tried her best to stay out of it and that's exactly what she was doing now. She didn't mind being late to school.

"I think I forgot one of my books and I don't want y'all to be late so I'll catch a ride with Dad." She said making up with a quick excuse before heading back inside of the house.

Raye wasted a few minutes going to get something to drink and eat before finding her dad in their gym working out. It's how he started all of his mornings. He was in there running on the treadmill when Raye walked it.

"Hello daddy."

"Hello daughter." He said before stopping the machine. She watched her father walk over to the cooler and grab a water. "Shouldn't you be gone princess? You're going to be late."

"Well that's why I'm here; I was thinking that you could give your favorite daughter a ride to school?" She said giving him a huge smile.

It didn't take long for him to figure out what was up, "So my 1st and 2nd are still fighting?"

"Yep and your 3rd doesn't want to be involved."

He laughed. It was good to see her in better spirits. He was starting to worry about her but dressed in her school uniform with her curls falling down her back she looked the normal Raye, his baby girl. "Aren't you old enough to be driving? I thought you were 16 already?" He asked playfully.

"14 daddy. But hey when I do turn 16 just get me a lil Hyundai and I'll be straight."

Reese did a double take. His other daughters drove luxury cars. "Maybe you are my favorite."

*

"I spoke to your mom about New Years."

Raye knew it was coming. Since getting in the car her dad had been trying to broach the subject.

"Let me guess? She's mad because I missed the party?" Sometimes her mother could be that childish.

"No Raye she's worried about you."

Hearing that made her snort. Their mother only cared about what people thought. "So what's the plan this time? Am I getting sent away until I'm fixed again?"

"I thought you liked spending time with your uncle Cruz?''

"I do but not when once a week I have to see a psychotherapist that doesn't know shit about my illness."

"Watch your language and Dr Ronald was a specialist in eating disorders; he was the best in NY."

Dr Ronald was a pervert. The man would stare at her like she was a piece of candy. It got so bad that she pretended to be treated so that she wouldn't have to go back.

At 13 she started having problems with eating. She still had some baby fat and wasn't as skinny as Reese and Raegan and wanted to fix her body. At first she wouldn't eat for a couple days and then when she was starving to the point of exhaustion she would eat until she became full and then would vomit it all up and start the process again. One day in class she passed out and was rushed to the hospital. After she was released her mother "encouraged" her to spend time up North but in reality she was getting treatment away from Miami and the tabloids. She came home 6 months ago and hasn't thrown up since.