[13] Daddy's overprotective Love

Raye

We were all in Reese's room helping her pack some of her things for Gainesville. I watched her pack all of her clothing, shoes and necessities and realized one thing. She's not coming back. Over the past two weeks her health had been improving and after her last checkup yesterday and the doctor said that she was safe to travel. I was going to miss her, our family had gotten closer and things were good between all of us since her injury.

"Reese I'm going to miss you." I said sitting on the bed beside Raegan. Reese was walking back and forth from her closet placing things in her suitcase.

"I'm going to miss you too Raye Raye. But I'm only a few hours away and you can come visit with Corey." Thinking of Corey brought a smile to my face.

"So what are your plans for Valentines day?" Reese asked still packing.

"That's depends on daddy, Corey is meeting him tonight." I looked at my watch and it was 4, he was supposed to come over today around 7. I was nervous about them meeting, what if daddy didn't like him?

Raegan chuckled, "Are you sure you want dad to meet him?"

"Yeah Raye, dad can be tough to deal with. Do you remember Sean? My first boyfriend?" Reese asked.

Of course I remembered Sean. He and Reese dating in the 8th grade. I was only 9 when they were together but he was nice to me whenever he came to the house. "Yeah what happened to him?"

"Dad happened!" They both said.

"Sean came over one day when dad was home and they went into the den to talk. When Sean came out he called his mom to come get him and he never spoke to me again. Dad tortured the boy."

"I swear Sean pissed his self." Raegan said chuckling.

Well I didn't want that to happen. "Dad likes Liam." I pointed out. He never had any issues with Liam coming over and was excited about Raegan and Liam dating.

Reese snorted and looked towards Raegan with mischief in her eyes, "Dad and Liam have something up their sleeves. I bet money that Liam is going to pop the question when you turn 18."

I laughed because I said the same thing. I was fine with having Liam as a brother in law.

"Well that's not going to happen, were not even together now." Raegan said.

"Because of you." Reese retorted back at her. "You're going to be alone on Valentine's day because you're too difficult to go tell that boy that you're in love with him."

"Its more then that." She said. Whatever she was talking about, it was something that weren't going to tell me. I was used to it though, it was one of those things that they did because I was the "younger sister." Reese and Raegan just stared at each other.

"Tell him, I don't care anymore. You can tell him." Reese repeated to Raegan. "I want you happy and he makes you happy. I'm choosing to be alone tomorrow, you don't have to be." She added.

They were having a moment so I pretended to be interested in one of Reese's shirts. What in the world are they talking about?

*

At 5:30pm we all sat down for a family dinner and then we helped Reese put her things in her Range Rover and she hugged everyone goodbye. "I want you to call us every hour and then call us from the house phone when you make it to Gainesville." My dad said giving her a hug.

"Make sure you call us everyday and make sure you still complete your online work so you can still receive your diploma. If you need anything just call us. Do you have your bank card and credit cards? Don't forget that your grandparents are only 15 minutes from the house." My mom rambled. on.