Airport

Almost every single day, Minwoo would find some time to spend with Jieun to make up those days. Jieun on the other hand, would be very busy with her work especially her promotion to overseas that will be happening in 2 months time.

One day during dinner with Minwoo,

"Woonie ah, how's your work coming along?" Jieun mentioned his idol work.

"Everything's good. We will be having our comeback in 2 months time. Now we are practicing our dance moves," Minwoo told her.

"Are you nervous for your comeback?" Jieun questioned him.

"Nervous? Of course! It's been 1 year and a half. I can't wait to meet our fans," Minwoo thought of his fans and smiled to himself.

Jieun just gave a nod and continued eating her food. Minwoo noticed her expression and asked,"Is there something wrong?"

"...Nothing's wrong..," She seemed hesitated to tell him.

"Really?" Minwoo did not believe her.

She saw how he looked at her with a raised eyebrow and began to tell him.

"...I did not know how to tell you this but..I've got a promotion," Jieun told him.

"That's great!" Minwoo felt elated for her.

"...Yeah..," She looked bummed.

"...That IS great..isn't it..?" Minwoo noticed her wierd facial expression.

"The thing is...I was posted overseas for getting that promotion..," Jieun told him.

"...O..Overseas...?" Minwoo repeated that word.

"New York..," Jieun said.

"...How..How long will you be working there?" Minwoo tried to sound calm.

"...Permanently..," Jieun looked at him.

Minwoo stopped eating and put his spoon down as soon as he heard it. Jieun knew how disappointed he looked and tried something to assure him.

"But I haven't accept it yet," Jieun reassured him.

"Why?" Minwoo questioned her.

"I need to think about it first..," Jieun gave a small smile while looking down at her food.

"...Is it because of me?" Minwoo guessed.

Jieun went silence and Minwoo held her hand and said softly,"Jieun ah, it's a good opportunity. You should not let it go. And you don't have to worry about me. I..I'll be okay."

"You sure..?" Jieun asked.

Minwoo gave a nod and a reassuring smile although his heart seemed to be against it.

========

On the day of her transfer to New York, Minwoo was going to be late to see her off. Jieun had arrived 2 hours early to settle her passport and her luggage. She kept looking at the entrance of the airport to see if Minwoo will be arriving shortly. She then sat down on the seats available while for her flight. After an hour, her flight was being called. She stood up and walked over to the entry area. She then stopped her tracks and looked behind for the last time. Minwoo was still nowhere in sight. She gave a deep sigh and walked slowly. When she was about to enter, she heard her name being called. She stopped and smiled widely to herself before turning around. But when she turned around, her smile van
ished. Suho stood there with a bouquet of flowers.

"...Su..Suho shii..? What are you doing here..?" She sounded surprised.

"Sending you off," Suho said to her.

"...H..ow d..did you know that I'll be going to New York..?" She swallowed hard.

"I went to your office yesterday to see you but you're not in. And one of your colleagues told me that you will transfering to New York today," Suho approached her.

Suho stood in front of her and hand her the bouquet. But she rejected his flowers and said,"I don't think you should do this.."

"Why Jieun ah..?" Suho asked her.

"Mwoh..?" She looked confused.

"Why did you have to choose him? Aren't I better than him?" Suho sounded desperate.

Jieun went silent and turned to the front.

"Jieun shii...I'll always be waiting for you," Suho said.

When she heard that, her heart ached and tried to control her tears. She walked away, knowing that Minwoo will not be arriving soon.

=======

Minwoo was still at his concert. He was still anxious about the time and thought that he might not be make it if he still at his concert. He rushed to his manager and asked,"This is the last performance right?"

"Yeah. After that, there will be encore," His manager told him about the schedule.

Minwoo bit his bottom lip and asked anxiously,"Can I not do the encore?"

"Minwoo, what are you talking about?" His manager looked at him.

"I..I have to go soon. I got something to settle," Minwoo told his manager.

"What's so important that YOU need to skipped the encore?" His manager put his hands on his waist, looking frustrated.

"I just have to. It's important to me," Minwoo sounded desperate while looking at his watch.

His manager looked at him, gave a thought. He then sighed and said,"I tell you what...You go and perform this last performance and for the encore, you..can skip it. But only for this today's concert. I'll go tell the others about this."

When he heard that, he looked ecstatic and hugged his manager tightly.

"Thank you! Thank you!!" Minwoo sounded happy.

========

Minwoo did his performance perfectly with his group members. As soon as they were done with the last performance, he rushed out and did not manage to change. His group members hopef that he will make it on time to see Jieun at the airport.

He drove at a quick speed, feeling worried. As soon as he reached the airport, he ran as fast as he could to where she will be waiting. But she was nowhere to be seen. He then rushed to the counter and asked,"Did the passengers towards New York already boarded the flight?"

"Let me check for you," The concierge said while typing something on her computer.

She then looked at him and said,"Unfortunately, they just boarded the flight. The flight will be flying off soon."

Upon hearing that, his shoulders deflated and he looked disappointed. He slumped himself on one of the vacant seats and blamed himself for being late to see her off. He buried his head with his hand, feeling frustrated with himself.