Back Together...?

"It..It's nothing," Jieun grabbed the phone from him.

Minwoo knew that something wrong based on her weird movements. Jieun quickly went to pack her things to go home while Minwoo was thinking of something. He saw her went towards the door and rushed towards her. She was about to open the door when Minwoo closed it from behind her. Jieun turned around and said,"Minwoo, I need to go home and changed to my new office wear."

"Is there something you hid from me?" Minwoo asked in serious tone and looked into her eyes.

Jieun swallowed hard but maintained a poker face. She turned around, avoiding facing him and said,"Minwoo, please. I need...to go now."

Minwoo then turned her around and grabbed hold of her shoulder and said,"Jieun, tell me the truth. Why did Jay threaten you?"

"...I..It's none of your business anyway...," She tried to be firm and held back her tears from falling to her cheeks.

"You're lying. The expression in your eyes tell me that something bad had happened before. I was...once your...best friend..Can't you tell me at least the truth on his threats towards you?" Minwoo asked firmly.

Upon hearing that, tears started to fall down to her cheeks which she had tried hard to show her weak side again. Minwoo looked puzzled at her sudden tears and softened his voice and let go of his grip,"Hey, I'm sorry. I was just worried about -."

"Its all in the past...Why do you care so much? You were never by my side when I needed you the most. You...my best friend...my..ex-boyfriend..never even once called me to ask if I'm doing well. Do you know how much I suffered all these years alone without anyone by my side..I kept blaming myself for what happened...From that day...I..really hate you for leaving me alone...," She lowered her head and cried hard in silence.

Upon listening to her woes, Minwoo stumped and asked,"Your parents...where did they go..?"

"....They...died in accident...," Jieun muttered, still crying.

Minwoo widened his eyes in shock and looked towards her who was crying hard. He felt more guilty for not being her side and not knowing the real situation she was in. He embraced her tightly and stroked her back gently and apologised multiple times. Jieun cried hard under his embrace while thinking of her parents.

=========

At her workplace, Jieun was doing her work when one of her colleagues approached her and asked,"Jieun ah, what happened to your eyes? They looked puffy...Did something happened?"

"...I watched a sad scene drama yesterday and I cried so hard till my eyes puffed..," Jieun lied but focused on her work.

"Aigooo...you're so emotional. Here, I've brought raspberry tea for you. It'll help you to ease your tired condition," She handed over to Jieun and Jieun said thanks.

While doing her work, she kept thinking of that morning. Jieun sighed and closed her eyes for a while, Then she opened her eyes back and took out her phone which was vibrating. Jay sent her a text with an angry text message,"Yah, remember I give you till tomorrow to decide. If by tomorrow, you still did not given me an answer, I'll go and find you."

Jieun rolled her eyes, feeling frustrated. *If he wants the business and the house that bad, just take them! I don't care anymore!* She thought in frustration.

But she didn't realise those words from her thoughts came out from her mouth,"Just leave me alone!"

Everyone turned towards her and she felt the hard stares. She timidly went back to her work, feeling embarrased.

=======

Meanwhile, after Jay sent the text message, his father asked,"So? Will she sign the contracts?"

"She haven't give me an answer yet. I've given her till tomorrow for her to decide," Jay told his father who sat in front of him.

"This girl...is very stubborn like her father...I want you to make sure she signed those contracts. Only those contracts will prove that we own this house and the company. Only then, the partners of the company will respect me and will not hesitate to do business with me. And then, we will be more richer than this," His father said with a smirk.

"Yes, father. I'll make sure she will," Jay smirked too.

========

At the same time, Suho just arrived outside Jieun's working place. He came out from his car and was about to lean against his car when he saw someone familiar behind his car. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Suho asked him.

Minwoo who had standing and leaning against his car, turned to him and said without considering Suho's situation,"Waiting for Jieun so we can have dinner together."

Suho looked bewildered by his answer and asked,"Mwoh?"

"What? Can't I have dinner with her as her BEST FRIEND?" Minwoo emphasised.

"Wait..both...-," Suho sounded shock and was interrupted by someone calling his name and Minwoo' name. 

Both of the guys looked to the front and saw her standing in front of them. Jieun then turned to Suho and asked,"Didn't I tell you that we need to stop seeing each other for a while?"

"But Jieun ah, I really miss you and kept thinking of you. Can't we at least have dinner together?" Suho asked her.

"Suho..-," Jieun looked at him and Minwoo grabbed her hand tightly and said to Suho,"If she says she don't want to, don't force her."

Jieun turned to Minwoo and muttered,"Minwoo, stop it."

Suho's eyes then diverted to their physical touch and quickly grabbed her other hand and said firmly,"It's our problem and you don't have to butt in."

Both of Minwoo and Suho looked at each other with eyes burning.