Taken Aback

As usual, Minwoo came to her house to walk to school together.

"I'm off to school!" Ji Eun said across the living room while hurriedly put on her shoes.

"Be careful on the streets! Woonie, please look after her for me," Her mom said.

"Ye, ajumeoni," Minwoo replied.

"Omma, he can't even take care of himself. How do you expect him to take care of me?" Ji Eun jokingly said.

"Yah! How can you say that!" Minwoo lightly scolded her and lightly slapped her arm.

Ji Eun stuck out her tongue while laughing and quickly walked out before she got slapped again by Minwoo. Minwoo rolled his eyes but his lips slowly curved into a smile. He suddenly remembered what Ji Eun told him yesterday night before hanging up.

"Woonie ah, lets pretend that nothing happened today..."

Minwoo just gave a deep sigh.

"Woonie! Are you coming? If you are just going to stay there, I'm going to leave you," Ji Eun told him.

"Coming," Minwoo walked over to her.

*Maybe she didn't think I'm manly enough to like her... But why did I gave her a sudden kiss yesterday?!* Minwoo scolded himself.

"Woonie ah, you okay?" Ji Eun asked worriedly.

"I'm just tired, that's all," Minwoo lied.

"Woonie ah, can you accompany for my audition later?" Ji Eun asked.

"Audition? For the singing competition?" Minwoo raised his eyebrow.

She nodded.

"Okay. Do I get a credit for accompanying you?" Minwoo jokingly asked.

"Yah~ Didn't you feel sorry for your best friend who needs support?" She gave a sad face.

Minwoo looked at her and chuckled.

"I'm just pulling your leg. Of course, I accompany you. That's what best friend do right?" Minwoo told her.

"Hehe. Thank you, Woonie ah!" Ji Eun smiled widely.

Minwoo just gave her smile.

=====================

In school, Ji Eun sat on the bench alone in the garden, practicing her song for the audition. Suho and the EXO members were walking down from the basketball court when they heard a sweet voice from the garden.

"Is that Ji Eun?" Changyeol pointed.

"Shhh," Suho shushed them.

He listened to that voice and fell in love in an instant.

"Guys. I'm hungry. Can we go have our lunch first before 2nd period?" Kai rubbed her stomach.

"You guys go ahead. I'll join you guys later," Suho said.

"Whatever you say, hyung," Seho said and they went off.

He followed the voice and saw Ji Eun singing. He quietly sat beside her and listened to her melody. On the other hand, she did not notice Suho was beside her as she was closing her eyes while singing. After she ended her song, she turned to her side and slowly opened her eyes, feeling satisfied with her voice. Upon opening her eyes, she was so astonished to see Suho's face upclose. She widened her eyes and was about to fall back when Suho with his fast reflexes, pulled her close to him before she stumbled back.

Both of their faces are now a few inches close. Suho could feel Ji Eun's breathing and she could feel his fast heartbeat. Suho searched her face and his eyes were fixed on her glistening lips. He slowly closed his eyes and leaned forward. Ji Eun knew what he wanted to do and quickly moved away from him. Suho opened his eyes and was stunned.

"Sorry," Ji Eun cleared her throat and apologised.

Suho gave a light chuckle and said,"I should be the one apologising. Are you practicing for the audition?"

She nodded.

"You had a lovely voice. I'm sure you can get through," Suho complimented.

Ji Eun grew red as she was taken aback by his sudden compliment and fanned herself to cool herself down.

"By the way, I'm auditioning too," Suho told her.

"You too? Wae?" She looked at him with surprised.

"Kennyang..," He smiled.

"By the way, do you wanna listen what I'll be going to sing?" Suho asked her.

Before she could answer, he searched for his mp3 and placed his one of his earpiece into her ear. She was surprised by his action and he played the song. He sang the song passionately and she looked at him. After a while, she started to like the song. She never knew that he had a good voice and it is her first time seeing a new side of him. Her lips curved into a smile and listened to the song till the end while closing her eyes. Suho turned his head towards her and smiled while singing. Suddenly he thought of an idea.

He moved closer to her and kissed her right cheek. She felt something on her cheek and quickly opened her eyes. She turned her head towards him and he quickly sealed her with a kiss.

On the other hand, Minwoo was skipping happily to the garden where Ji Eun had promised to meet. He had her favourite snack with him and can't wait to give it to her. But upon reaching the place, he was about to call her when he saw something that shocked him. He dropped the snack and his facial expression changed.

=====================