One after Another

She didn't answer. Just then, the house door swung open.

"Good evening kiddos," Her dad smiled widely as he came in.

"Why are the house so dark? Are you watching horror movies again?" Her mom asked while switching on the lights.

Jieun turned around and smiled brightly to her parents. She pretended nothing happened and walked past Minwoo and towards her parents.

"What did you buy?" She asked while helping with the things.

"Oh..just stuff. Can you this in the kitchen?" Her mom asked.

She grabbed the things and went to arrange them in the kitchen. Her dad saw Minwoo just stand there.

"Yah, Minwoo ah, what are you doing there? Help me with these," Her dad gave the things to him.

"Ah,ye," He helped out.

=====================

In the kitchen, her mom sensed that something was wrong between the two of them.

"What did you guys do when we are gone?" Her mom spoke up.

"Woonie ah, didn't you say you need to be home soon?" Jieun asked him.

"Bw..oh? He looked surprised.

He looked over to Jieun and she gave a signal.

"Uh..y..yeah. Totally forgot," Minwoo got what she was trying to get to.

"Aww...that's a shame. I thought of having a light snack while watching this movie together that we just bought," Her mom showed the DVD.

"Well it can't be help. Maybe next time then," Her dad smiled.

Minwoo just gave a small smile. After helping, he decided to go home and politely bowed to her parents. Her mom asked her to accompany him to the door. As they were walking to the door, they did not utter a word. Minwoo opened the door and stepped out. Jieun watched he go and slowly closed the door. He walked a few steps that stopped and turned behind.

"Jieun ah," He called her.

She stopped but her back faced him.

"I'm really sorry that I lied to you. I didn't mean to. I just want to be friends with you," He explained.

She didn't answer.

"I hope we can still..be friends..," He added on.

Since she didn't answer, he just continue to walk off. Jieun closed her eyes and sighed. Then she closed the door softly. Her dad called her over to join for supper but she just walked straight to her room which left them wondered.

"I wonder what's wrong with her?" Her dad asked.

"Must be tired," Her mom said.

=====================

In her room, she slumped herself on her bed and looked at the ceiling, thinking of what Minwoo just told her. She gave multiple sigh and felt frustrated. Then she turned to her desk where there's many pieces of polaroid pictures hanging. She looked at them one by one until one picture where Minwoo was slunging his arms on her shoulders while giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"...Can't believe he lie to me...," She took down the picture and make it face down.

=====================

The next day in school, Jieun was eating her breakfast in school when she overheard a several students giggling happily.

"I heard that he had changed to a gorgeous guy now!!" They swooned.

"Hot and handsome!!" They giggled.

As Jieun was eating her food, she saw Jiyeon walking towards her and sat in front of her.

"Morning Jieun," Jiyeon smiled.

"Morning," She gave a smile.

"Isn't there something that I should know?" Jiyeon asked.

"Bwoh?" She looked at her with a confused look.

"You know about Minwoo. He had turned into a hot guy now. Didn't you see him today?" Jiyeon raised her eyebrow?

"Might have missed him," She just said and gave a fake smile.

"Wae? Usually you will be excited to see him change," Jiyeon looked at her with a confused look.

Seeing her looking strange, Jiyeon probed her more,"There must be something going on between both of you right?"

Suddenly they heard screams at the entrance of the cafeteria. They looked to the front and Jieun saw Minwoo walking in with a completely different look. Minwoo saw Jieun from afar and started to walk up to her. But as he was approaching her, she said something to Jiyeon and stood up to leave. Once he saw that, he stopped and watched her go. Jiyeon approached him and said,"Yah, Woonie ah! You look handsome today."

But Minwoo just focused on Jieun. Jiyeon noticed that the girls who had followed him were whispering and looked at both Jiyeon and Minwoo. Jiyeon started to use this opportunity and linked arms with Minwoo which made him surprised.

"Woonie ah, lets eat breakfast together," Jiyeon said.

Minwoo didn't feel like it but Jiyeon pulled him to the table and asked him to just accompany her eat. The girls were jealous and just watched them from afar.

=====================

Meanwhile, Jieun went into the library to borrow some books for her research. While she was finding some books, she heard her name being called. She turned and saw Suho waved. She just smiled and gave a slight nod. Suho approached her and stood beside her.

"What are you looking for?" Suho asked.

"Just some books related to my research. You?" She asked him.

"Just.. Uh..looking some books to read," He pretended to search for books to read.

Before that, Suho saw Jieun walking to the library and decided to follow her.

As she was searching, Suho took a glance of her and wanted to ask something. Jieun noticed he kept looking at her and asked,"You..have something to say to me?"

"Bwoh?" He looked surprised.

"You seemed like you wanted to say something to me..?" She said.

He looked left and right. No one was near them. He suddenly put his hand on the wall behind her and looked into her eyes.

"I'm going to say this once. This is the first time that I'm feeling this way. Jieun shii, I think I've started to like you," Suho confessed.

"Suho shii...," Jieun was shocked to hear that and did not know what to respond.

Suho slowly leaned closed to her and their lips were about to touch.

=====================

During that time, Jiyeon followed Minwoo wherever he went. He asked some students about Jieun's whereabouts. Once they reached the library, he looked to every parts of library and stopped his track when he saw Jieun beside the shelf she and Suho were. He widened his eyes and his heart was beating fast. Jiyeon who was beside him, saw too. She started to boil with anger.

*Why that girl...?!* Jiyeon clenched her fist without Minwoo seeing.